Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed OSX 10.6.2 yesterday using the iBoot CD and MultiBeast. My specs are basically the same as TonyMac's (see my signature). Today while researching other tweaks (like fixing sleep and enabling speedstep) I started looking for my DSDT.aml file... and I couldn't find it. (?) From what I gather, this file used to be installed in the root directory, but now with the latest Chameleon it's supposed to be in the /Extra directory. I couldn't find it in either directory, and Spotlight couldn't find it either.

I then tried using MultiBeast v0.96 to install the DSDT, but that also apparently didn't copy a DSDT.aml file anywhere on my hard drive.

After another reboot I then manually copied TonyMac's speedstep-enabled file for the P55M-UD2 with i5-750 (renamed to DSDT.aml) to the /Extra folder and rebooted with no issues, although I'm still not sure if it's actually being used. (although the file does show up in Spotlight searches now!)

Does this make sense? :crazy:

Sometimes, I've noticed in MultiBeast, if you select a different destination, it resets itself and you have to go back to make your options again. I'm trying to fix it, but the bug is still there. Just to be safe- download the DSDT directly, rename it, and place it manually in /Extra. Here's the link:

Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F8.aml

I just did fresh edits to Bios Version F8. :cool: :mrgreen:

adamsmasher said:
bios versionn 8 is out for the UD2 now? That was fast!

Yeah- the funny thing is I checked the other day and it wasn't there- but the date on it is 2/11/10? :eek: :? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back