Register

DSDT Database: Gigabyte Socket 775 Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSDT Database: Socket 775 Submission Thread

myMobo.png

EP43-UD3L Rev A3
Bios F9

I was wondering if you would be able to patch this dsdt. It is from a Socket 755 board, but it isn't a P35 or P45. If you can not, that is fine. I can delete this post.

Thanks for the help,

~Matthew

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 210
Re: DSDT Database: Socket 775 Submission Thread - GA-965P-DQ6

Hi Sudds,

Not sure if this is something you all could help me out with, as the board I have is a bit older. I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Revision 2.0 on BIOS F13. Attached is my DSDT.dsl for editing.

I extracted using Tony's method in the first post via Snow Leopard 10.6.5 loading optimized defaults, setting SATA to AHCI, and setting HPET to 64 bit.

In general, Snow Leopard works very well for me, but I'd really like to get sleep working. Also, I occasionally get system weirdness when rebooting, especially when I tried playing around with a SleepEnabler kext. I guess it has something to do with the CMOS getting corrupt? I don't know for sure as a lot of this is still new to me, but I've read that a proper DSDT.aml file is the way to go over and over again. I'm trying to figure out how to do one myself, but I think I'm in a bit over my head.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Frank

Attachments

• GA-965P-DQ6 Rev 2.0 BIOS F13.dsl
    181.5 KB · Views: 177

Am not getting much feedback guys about your edits.
PM me if it works or not, so we can iron out the bugs, and or give the working dsdts to tonymac so he can upload to the database. Cheers. :thumbup:

Here's a dsdt for a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R Rev 1.0 with F10 bios. I loaded optimized bios defaults, turned on AHCI and switched HPET to 64-bit mode. dsdt was captured by booting an ubuntu live cd.

I have a NVIDIA 9800GT and a Core 2 Quad with 8GB of memory. iBoot/Multibeast 2.5.1 Snow Leopard vanilla install worked great; QE works, network, sound, usb (haven't tried firewire).

Only problem is I can't get it to boot a 64 bit kernel, so I can only see 4GB of ram. When I boot with arch=x86_64 it just panics.

Attachments

• ep45-ds3r-f10-dsdt.aml
    20.2 KB · Views: 188

kotfu said:
Here's a dsdt for a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R Rev 1.0 with F10 bios. I loaded optimized bios defaults, turned on AHCI and switched HPET to 64-bit mode. dsdt was captured by booting an ubuntu live cd.

I have a NVIDIA 9800GT and a Core 2 Quad with 8GB of memory. iBoot/Multibeast 2.5.1 Snow Leopard vanilla install worked great; QE works, network, sound, usb (haven't tried firewire).

Only problem is I can't get it to boot a 64 bit kernel, so I can only see 4GB of ram. When I boot with arch=x86_64 it just panics.

Its only minimal edits we do here kotfu. ;)

Here's my contribution:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L Board Rev 1.1 BIOS Rev 9

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 220

tonymacx86 said:
Step by Step.
1. Download your BIOS from Gigabyte's Website
2. Extract the .exe in Windows
3. Put BIOS file (about 2mb) on USB flash drive
4. Boot into OS X
5. Copy your DSDT.aml to desktop and Delete from /Extra
6. Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and LegacyAppleRTC.kext + System Utilities using MultiBeast .
7. Reboot to BIOS (Press DELETE at startup)
8. Update BIOS using QFlash Utility
9. Enter BIOS setup (CMOS Setup Utility)
10. Load Optimized Defaults (Very Important!)
11. Set SATA to AHCI
12. Set HPET to 64 bit
13. Save to CMOS
14. Boot into OS X
15. Download DSDTSE
16. Under Tools, choose Extract DSDT. The Editor will open with your DSDT.dsl all ready to edit.
17. Save that file as the name of your board and attach it here. (GA-P55M-UD2-F9.dsl)

Hello, I'm new to x86 here. My MB is P41T-ES3G, and the BIOS doesn't have option to set the SATA into AHCI mode (step #11). Will there be any problem?

Dear sudds:
I downloaded your EP45T-UD3P Rev 1.0 Bios F7 DSDT.aml thank you for your effort doing it, everything works great except when I reset the computer in mac, the computer turn OFF, and when I turn it on again a BIOS message appears "CHECKSUM ERROR ........" do you have a clue on what's going on or where the issue is?.
Thanks.

It could be a number of things mate.

Nobody has got back to me about the DSDT,s apart from 3 people, so i have no idea if they are working or need more editing. :crazy:

Reedited your DSDT and pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back