Contribute
Register

DSDT Database: Gigabyte Socket 775 Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSDT Database: Socket 775 Submission Thread

Sudds said:

LOL think we posted at same time - I just edited my last post to ask about using eSata!
Will this DSDT cope with using eSata drives?

the_gael said:
Sudds said:

LOL think we posted at same time - I just edited my last post to ask about using eSata!
Will this DSDT cope with using eSata drives?
:lol:
Note that the drive icons will turn orange and show as external, if your happy enough with that i,ll go ahead and edit your DSDT again.?
My own DSDT is this way. ;)

I have the same question as carebearwarrior - do I still need to use Optimized defaults if I take DSDT from Ubuntu LiveCD?
Thanks!)

I'm going to be uploading my vanilla DSDT file from my Gigabyte EP35-DS3L F6.

Should I do the optimized defaults prior to this, as doing so enables the serial and parallel ports? Or leave the BIOS configured as it is?

Here is my Ubuntu extracted DSDT.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
BIOS Version F6

Thanks again.
I will be replacing this board with an 1156 based system soon. I'll be getting a CustomBeast done most likely.

For whoever is editing this DSDT, this is the other major hardware I will be using with said motherboard.

Video - EVGA nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 PCIe
(thanks Tony, I finally got it running today without having to use NVEnabler via the nVidia Graphics update you put up on your site the other day)

Audio - onboard

Network - onboard

Just an odd question that may be fixed via the DSDT - when I installed 10.6.3 via iBoot GE and got it up and running the first time, in System Profiler, the SATA host controller correctly showed up as ICH9. After installing 10.6.5 and the Beast, it reverted to Unknown AHCI Controller, although it works, and the icons aren't orange (I could have changed them via my real Mac,) is there any discernible performance loss/gain by ASP not reporting a 'proper' AHCI subsystem? Will it say ICH9 again after using the DSDT?

Attachments

• ep35ds3lf6-dsdt.aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 155

Here is vanilla DSDT (extracted in Ubuntu) for my Gigabyte EP45-DS4 mainboard.
All other components are in my profile :)

Attachments

• GA-EP45-DS4 F10b.aml
    15 KB · Views: 139

Hi,
I ´ve got following motherboard:
GA-EX38-DS4, rev. 1.1, Bios: F6d

And here´s my dsdt extracted with Ubuntu:
dsdt.aml

Hope you can patch it... ;)

Thanks in advance,
meme

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.9 KB · Views: 160

Thanks a bunch.

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow (no time today.)

Hopefully using the Legacy ALC888 provides less static in the audio compared to Voodoo (currently using.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back