- Nov 17, 2009
- PRIME Z490-A
- i5 10600K
- Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
DSDT Database: Gigabyte Socket 775 Submission Thread
Please submit your Gigabyte Socket 775 DSDTs here for inclusion in the DSDT Database. Gigabyte P35/P45 boards will be edited from vanilla DSDTs. Make sure to list both BIOS version and Motherboard revision. Attach your DSDT to this thread.
TO EXTRACT A VANILLA DSDT IN SNOW LEOPARD
Pretty much all you need to do is boot without a DSDT, and use DSDTSE to extract it. Then attach the file to this post. We'll then edit it and update this top post.
Step by Step.
1. Download your BIOS from Gigabyte's Website
2. Extract the .exe in Windows
3. Put BIOS file (about 2mb) on USB flash drive
4. Boot into OS X
5. Copy your DSDT.aml to desktop and Delete from /Extra
6. Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and LegacyAppleRTC.kext + System Utilities using MultiBeast .
7. Reboot to BIOS (Press DELETE at startup)
8. Update BIOS using QFlash Utility
9. Enter BIOS setup (CMOS Setup Utility)
10. Load Optimized Defaults (Very Important!)
11. Set SATA to AHCI
12. Set HPET to 64 bit
13. Save to CMOS
14. Boot into OS X
15. Download DSDTSE
16. Under Tools, choose Extract DSDT. The Editor will open with your DSDT.dsl all ready to edit.
17. Save that file as the name of your board and attach it here. (GA-P55M-UD2-F9.dsl)
TO EXTRACT A VANILLA DSDT IN LINUX
1. Download Ubuntu Live CD from Ubuntu web site
2. Burn and boot from CD. Choose the 1st option, run without installing.
3. You will be in the Ubuntu desktop as user ubuntu with a home folder of /home/ubuntu.
4. From top menu bar, select Accessories (System) launch terminal and type:
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > ~/dsdt.aml
Now you'll have it in your home folder.
5. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and transfer to machine to upload here.