HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: Changed this topic to "DSDT Database for non-socket 1156 Motherboards" as the Gigabyte H55 boards are now part of the DSDT Database.

Well, it's probably gonna happen sooner or later. Figured I would make a thread here so people who don't have the good fortune to have socket 1156 boards to have fully edited DSDTs. Submit away! I'll keep this post updated. X58 owners rejoice!

For a great resource of DSDTs, check out AsereBLN's work here- there are a lot of P45, X58 boards listed there- you may even be able to use one.
http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=38

DSDT Database for non-socket 1156 Motherboards

Re: DSDT Database for non-P55 Motherboards

Here is mine for the Asrock P55 Pro. It has the following patches:

PIC/TMR/HPET
SBUS
HDEF
CMOS reset

I've also attached my LegacyHDA.kext

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    28.3 KB · Views: 240
  • LegacyHDA.kext.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 147

I think you missed the point of this- it's for non-P55 boards! ;)

I'll put this up on the DSDT for P55 Motherboards over on the blog though. Thanks! Could you confirm the bios version?

Whoops! Sorry, I was thinking non-gigabyte boards for some reason. I've had a long day haha.

The version is 2.20.

Sorry!

Don't be sorry, it'll hopefully help someone, even if you miss-read the thread title :mrgreen:

Also, did you edit it? As if you did and don't mind getting involved, I'm sure some other people here would love your help, or if you could write a guide how to edit DSDT files for ASRock boards :thumbup:

Yeah, I edited it. I can probably make a guide for it. Let me figure out how to accomplish the other edits (SATA and USB) and then I'll look into writing it :thumbup:

andars said:
Yeah, I edited it. I can probably make a guide for it. Let me figure out how to accomplish the other edits (SATA and USB) and then I'll look into writing it :thumbup:

Yeah- the USB edits are pretty much what makes sleep possible. Happy testing! :)

Well, we have at least a couple of other ASRock users that you'd be able to help and hopefully the Asus and MSI DSDT's aren't too different.
I guess to save you a lot of time and hassle, if you could write a guide with where to put the edits and include the edits, that would be the best way forward, as then all the people with those type of boards can do their own edits.

thelostswede said:
Well, we have at least a couple of other ASRock users that you'd be able to help and hopefully the Asus and MSI DSDT's aren't too different.
I guess to save you a lot of time and hassle, if you could write a guide with where to put the edits and include the edits, that would be the best way forward, as then all the people with those type of boards can do their own edits.

Yes, or at least include the original and the modified version so we can diff them and see what changes.

-- grom

Here I include the original and the edited DSDTs for gigabyte's ga-x58a-ud3r, taken with bios version F5, nvidia 9800gt, stock speed (2.67ghz.) I also include the compiled fixed DSDT as DSDT.aml, and the original and the edited fakesmc, which also needs a correction. For sound to work you need to load the ALC889 LegacyHDA kext.

Attachments

• ga-x58a-ud3r_f5-i7-920-2.67ghz-nvidia-grom.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,449
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back