Contribute
Register

DSDT creation issues and weird kernel panic at start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo C930-13 IKB-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been following mostly Rehabman's guides and this guide for my specific laptop: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-4k-i7-8550u-99-working-updated-7-feb.270421/

Note, I do have the exact same specs as this laptop (i7-8550U, 16GB of RAM, 4K screen and even the same 1TB EVO).

I've gotten much working with the assistance of various people, but I'm stuck at what seems to be the final barrier: DSDT patching.

I've been able to get iasl setup, but I run the commend given in the guide: iasl -dl /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml

I get back DSDT.dsl. Good right? but when I open the file and make the needed patches on my .dsl file, I'm hit with one compile error at the top. If I delete those, I'm greeted with several more compile errors. I tried to have someone help me with this already using the refs.txt provided by . Rehabman, but he was unable to get my DSDT to extract. Note, I am pressing F4/ Fn+F4 at the clover boot menu to generate my DSDT.aml and I am NOT editting within the .aml file, only the .dsl file.

Also, I seem to be having some sort of ghost bug plaguing my system at start up. Sometimes my system will just reboot immediately after clicking into my macOS partition several times before getting into the OS. Sometimes I'll receive a kernel panic that seems to have some issue with an ACPI of some sorts.

I'm not sure how else to diagnose these issues. I've taken my SSDTs out of my patched folder but the issue still persists. I've tried turning on/off various options in my plist, but the issue still persists.

I've gone ahead and attached my plist, the error pictures and and my EFI folder for sake of hopefully getting this issue resolved.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 79
  • origin.zip
    228.5 KB · Views: 52
  • EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Update: Through the help of some awesome people, I've been able get my DSDT.dsl to produce without errors.

That being said, applying the touchscreen and touchpad pad does absolutely nothing and they still are not working.

Applying the battery patch actually causes more errors. Not sure where else to go from here.

Update: Through the help of some awesome people, I've been able get my DSDT.dsl to produce without errors.

That being said, applying the touchscreen and touchpad pad does absolutely nothing and they still are not working.

Applying the battery patch actually causes more errors. Not sure where else to go from here.

Refer to ACPI patching guide:

Also, don't forget to fix your profile as requested in the FAQ:

And you might use search, as there is likely an existing guide for your laptop...

Refer to ACPI patching guide:

Yeah so I've been reading this and I've done all this. The issue is that when I apply the touchpad and touchscreen patches to my DSDT.dsl and then save it as DSDT.aml and put in in my Clover/ACPI/patched folder and reboot, nothing happens.

Do I need to go into my plist and explicitly state what my DSDT is named, even though it's named DSDT.aml?

Also, don't forget to fix your profile as requested in the FAQ:

I believe I have updated as requested.

And you might use search, as there is likely an existing guide for your laptop...
Ironic that you say that since I linked the guide I was using for my laptop in my original post.

I'm having difficulty implementing specifics from that guide into my laptop of the same configuration.

The issue is that when I apply the touchpad and touchscreen patches to my DSDT.dsl and then save it as DSDT.aml and put in in my Clover/ACPI/patched folder and reboot, nothing happens.

No idea what you mean by "nothing happens"... you mean you can't boot?

Do I need to go into my plist and explicitly state what my DSDT is named, even though it's named DSDT.aml?

No.
I'm having difficulty implementing specifics from that guide into my laptop of the same configuration.

Perhaps you should ask for help in that specific guide thread.

No idea what you mean by "nothing happens"... you mean you can't boot?

Nothing happens as in my touchpad/touchscreen still do not work, even after applying the patch.

Perhaps you should ask for help in that specific guide thread.

I have posted in that thread, but the OP hasn't been online in quite a while, so I'm at a loss on what to do.

Nothing happens as in my touchpad/touchscreen still do not work, even after applying the patch.

Refer to I2C thread linked from the FAQ:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back