Contribute
Register

Dschijn's 2nd G5 Mod - dust free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's a Lian Li EX-H22A 2x SATA Hot Swap Mount Rack. Unfortunately it is not possible to use the frames to slide in the HDDs easily. Also it's not possible to slide in the top HDD at last.

Wo hast du denn eigentlich dein wunderschönes backpanel machen lassen, auch an der Uni? Und deine MoBo-Platte, genial diese eingelassenen Gewinde für die Abstandshalter.. ;)
Die Lian Li SATA-connectors sind ja auch super-praktisch..
Ich werde demnächst auch meinen Lian Li modden..

Here some nasty pictures :p
The filters are working great!

DSC04845.jpg

And how the air channel for the GPU is working:

DSC04853.jpg

DSC04854.jpg

And with the glass panel (unfortunatly not looking so good) with some more covers for the air channel:

DSC04856.jpg

Front fans working, but PSU fan isn't working under light load:

DSC04858.jpg

Great work! Thanks for checking mine out. I really like how you have the cooling set up with dust filters. Keep up the good work!

I am not familiar with the G5 cases. Are they all so prone to dust, or is just your place? Because that picture of your cpu cooler was just insane after half a year.

And your current dust filter how long have you been using them until they looked like in the photo?

Everything out of curiosity :)

The dust filter pic was taken after 2 weeks.

The problem is, I am living in shared flat and my bed, closet... are all in my room (student).
Additional I have no carpets and all the dust is easily drawn over the wodden floor.

I know, I should vacuum more often :p
But that is now done by the G5 *silly*

Dschijn, would you be able to post some more photos of your front fan mount setup? I'd love to see more how it is mounted to the case, and how much of the sides next to the fans you're covering up. Just got 2 fans for my own mod, and have started thinking about how to mount them :)

Dschijn, would you be able to post some more photos of your front fan mount setup? I'd love to see more how it is mounted to the case, and how much of the sides next to the fans you're covering up. Just got 2 fans for my own mod, and have started thinking about how to mount them :)

Hi jsahlen, I haven't done more pictures and I think it's hard to capture that parts.

I placed 4 magnets in the bottom area of the black frame, which is holding the frame at the G5 PSU.
In the top I had two holes in the black frame:
IMG_1555.jpg

I placed an aluminum angle profile with screws on that holes and attached the other part of the angle to the top of the case.
aluminiumwinkel.jpg

Initially i planned to only use that angle profiles to attach the fans to the case.

Hi jsahlen, I haven't done more pictures and I think it's hard to capture that parts.

I placed 4 magnets in the bottom area of the black frame, which is holding the frame at the G5 PSU.
In the top I had two holes in the black frame:

I placed an aluminum angle profile with screws on that holes and attached the other part of the angle to the top of the case.

Initially i planned to only use that angle profiles to attach the fans to the case.
Ah, clever trick with the magnets. Thanks for taking the time to explain! Gives me a bit more to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back