Nvidia GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I've had a very successful 10.8 Hackintosh installation on a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H i5-3570K processor, over clocked from 3.4Ghz to 4.3Ghz, I would get a geek bench score of about 13,000 give or take. The installation had my older Crucial M4 64Gb SSD in there and it worked great. I ran a geekbench 2 benchmark on the system just before upgrading to see if everything was fine, and it was.

I decided to upgrade the SSD to the Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD and at the same time, migrate to Mavericks. So I used Carbon Copy Cloner to duplicate everything, and then did the upgrade using Unibeast and Multibeast (thanks Tony and Macman!). Everything worked fine and after a bit of fiddling with Ethernet, no problems. So I'm running an upgraded 10.9.1 and everything works, sleep, bluetooth, USB3.0 etc.

I then thought I'd check the performance of the upgraded system and there was the surprise, in 64-bit mode I couldn't get more than 11,000 from geekbench. I waited for mdsworker / spotlight to finish indexing

I was/am using a Mac Pro 3,1 definition and generates P and C states. I've tried changing the definition to MacPro 5,1 and that causes a hard crash on boot, I've tried changing the system definition to iMac 13,2 and MacMini and no difference in the geekbench score. I've also changed the smbios.plist to remove p-states and c-states, and no changes there either.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Should I have done a clean install or why would change anything? As an FYI, my Windows 8.1 Geekbench 2 score is over 14,000.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can bring on this situation - and thank you for such a great community.

use MacMini6,1 smbios if ocing may need to change p and c states to off and boot in verbose when doing geekbench my oc is at 4.6 on my 3570k my ssdt is from prgren for oc over 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back