ATI 6850
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
i get this problem on boot, can i have some helps to fix it please

DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

thank you!

I am having the same report in -v on startup. Did you solve the problem?

Did you guys find a solution? Im having the same problem after installing the new chimera

I know the thread is a little old, but seeing as I just managed to resolve my problem with this little error I thought I would report. That's the good news, now for the bad:

My "fix" was a replacement MainBoard! After having tried a replacement CPU - ok, so cost wise, I got that the wrong way round. But in my defence, Intel's own website show diagrams indicating DRM circuitry in the CPU!!!! Ho hum.... At least it's fixed, couldn't be happier!

I hope this helps people.

Now to fire of an email or two to see if I can refund the original board......

This worked for me, but starts the mac os on safe mode. Boot from your USB and type boot flag.

:crazy: Boot flag -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes

intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte z97x-ud5h
nvidia GTX 550 ti
IMG_7380.jpg

This is a problem with iTunes support for internal/onboard graphics. iTunes uses the power of the graphics card to decrypt DRM protected music/media. The DRMStatus error comes about when the onboard graphics or your graphics card is not supported for DRM decryption.

The good news is that your system can run OSX if you get this error. The bad news is that this error makes the system needlessly hang at startup.

The solution that worked for me was to purchase an inexpensive graphics card (GeForce GT 640), but any card from the list in the Buyer’s Guide should fix this problem. I also disabled the onboard graphics (in my case Intel HD2500 on an i3 chip) in the BIOS and set the new graphics card to the default video output.

Other people have had success by waiting for newer versions of OSX to support their hardware. For example, HD4000 was not initially supported until apple built systems with these chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back