CPU
i3-8100K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DRM is broken on Big Sur 11.0.1, FairPlay 1.x and 4.x not working so Apple TV and iTunes movies are not working. Only FairPlay 2.x and 3.x are working which are the ones for playing Netflix and Amazon Prime. I think we will have to wait for the WEG update and the shikigva patch update to have the DRM fully working.

DRM is broken on Big Sur 11.0.1, FairPlay 1.x and 4.x not working so Apple TV and iTunes movies are not working. Only FairPlay 2.x and 3.x are working which are the ones for playing Netflix and Amazon Prime. I think we will have to wait for the WEG update and the shikigva patch update to have the DRM fully working.
I'm actually experiencing the opposite, Netflix/Prime DRM is gone but iTunes and TV+ works.

I'm actually experiencing the opposite, Netflix/Prime DRM is gone but iTunes and TV+ works.

Which shikigva ID number boot argument are you using? I'm more interested in have TV+ working than Netflix.

Can anyone try a phone call via iPhone and check if this kernel panics? Thanks (better someone with the A1220 chip).

Which shikigva ID number boot argument are you using? I'm more interested in have TV+ working than Netflix.
I'm not using WEG at all, I'm on MacPro7,1 SMBIOS with Radeon VII

What SMBIOS device & WEG flag do you use?
I can't get Netflix to work on Safari.

Last edited:
What SMBIOS device & WEG flag do you use?
I can't get Netflix to work.
I use iMac Pro 1,1 and no WEG boot arguments... Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV/Itunes all work I do not have prime but I see no reason that it would not work either. I tested Netflix and Hulu in both Safari and Chrome.

This is very weird. I have the same setup you have, but Apple TV works and Netflix don't.
I care about Netflix on Safari more than Apple TV.
Can you share your EFI?

Here you go!

Anyway there is a Note recently added to Dortania's Guide regarding that DRM is broken on Big Sur, so we have to wait for the WEG update.

Screenshot at Nov 15 12-34-56.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 133
Here you go!

Anyway there is a Note recently added to Dortania's Guide regarding that DRM is broken on Big Sur, so we have to wait for the WEG update.

View attachment 496205

The only way I found to fix DRM was to disable integrated graphics and change smbios to iMacPro 1,1 after doing that Apple TV and whatnot works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back