Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
it seems there is a copy and paste error in the description in the readme.txt file for the 'drivers64UEFI' folder in Clover:

'EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI has been replaced by EFI/CLOVER/drivers/BIOS and You can remove it safely. Starting from Clover r4983 Clovers loads drivers from new directories, however for retro compatibility search for the old drivers64UEFI if the new path is missing. Anyway only EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI is updated by the package installer.'

Where it states 'EFI/CLOVER/drivers/BIOS' in the first line it really means ''EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI' I assume?

I have removed the 'drivers64' and 'drivers64UEFI' folders. Have also removed the 'HFSPlus-64.efi' and 'PartitionDxe-64.efi' and 'VBoxExt4-64.efi' files which I assume are superceded. Everything still works! I am running the latest version 5103 and have no intention of rolling back to an earlier version of Clover than 4983.

Last edited:
You are correct in that the path name ending in /BIOS should be /UEFI in the readme.
The latest versions of Clover all assume you have newer boards with UEFI instead of legacy BIOS, hence the change in the path and elimination of the separate driver folders for legacy (drivers64) and UEFI (drivers64UEFI). If you have legacy hardware and want to update to the latest Clover, do not delete the old /drivers64 folder and contents - you can ignore the new /drivers/UEFI folder or delete it if you wish.

If you have legacy hardware and want to update to the latest Clover, do not delete the old /drivers64 folder and contents - you can ignore the new /drivers/UEFI folder or delete it if you wish.

I'm on 2 yr old hw, so i guess the converse follows that I could delete the clover/drivers/bios folder if I wanted to, but it's tucked away more neatly than previously so I may not bother.

I'm on 2 yr old hw, so i guess the converse follows that I could delete the clover/drivers/bios folder if I wanted to, but it's tucked away more neatly than previously so I may not bother.
By legacy BIOS hardware I mean Sandy Bridge/IvyBridge and earlier. Boards after these generations had UEFI with emulated Legacy boot capability, so if you are only 2 years back then you have all UEFI hardware. Sandy was released in 2009 and Ivy was a die shrink of Sandy released in 2010 or 2011.

By legacy BIOS hardware I mean Sandy Bridge/IvyBridge and earlier. Boards after these generations had UEFI with emulated Legacy boot capability, so if you are only 2 years back then you have all UEFI hardware. Sandy was released in 2009 and Ivy was a die shrink of Sandy released in 2010 or 2011.

Thanks for the information, that's good to know. Yeah I have the set up as on my prof info, Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 and Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake CPU. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back