EVGA GTX 660 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
I usually draw with a Wacom tablet in Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint and I have noticed that the performance of my strokes are worse than when I have installed Yosemite.

I've never had to inject Nvidia Drivers with my GTX 660 and the performance was good but now I get some lag. I reinstalled Wacom drivers but the problem persists.

Anyone knows if I need to install Nvidia Drivers with my graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

You should not need drivers for the 660. I think it's more likely the wacom driver needs an update, with all the changes to USB in El Capitan.

That said, I don't think it would hurt to run the 660 with the Web drivers, so you could try it if you like. Once installed, the driver has a switch for whether to use it or the native OS X drivers, so you can use whichever works better for you.

Hi, I think I solved this partially.

https://www.******.com/r/applehelp/comments/3n2r8m/mac_wacom_tablet_brush_stroke_jitters_in_el/

In Clip Studio Paint there is an option that makes it work right again, but in Photoshop there is still some lag. I have deactivated an option in Photoshop settings that are related with the performance of the graphics card but I think there is no difference or I haven't noticed.

Anyway I think I will try to install the web drivers like you said and test it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back