Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0, Fe5
Intel i7 980x
Corsair CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9 1600mhz 24GB RAM, 1.5v 9-9-9-24 CAS

I've run my build successfully since 2010 but recently, I'm having voltage spikes in my RAM which BIOS will set to 2.5 voltseven though I save 1.5v or 1.65v! Of course, this crashes the computer and makes havoc on everything...

On a cold boot, no matter what voltage setting I put for the DRAM (it used to be 1.5 volts now it has to be over 1.6 volts to even boot), it will change to AUTO and then once the OS loads, I see my RAM is anywhere from 1.65v to 2.5v.

If i restart before a crash and then put in 1.64+volts for the DRAM slot, I can have a stable computer experience... until a shut down and cold boot to which when I go to BIOS, it will usually have 2.5 volts flashing red in the DRAM setting.

What I've done:
Changed CMOS battery
Tried only using one RAM DIMM in the MOBO (and various ones, I have 4)
Tried to use Standard or +1 in the vdroop settings but the computer won't even boot unless that field is left to AUTO
Hit my head on my desk

So, is this a hardware issue? I don't think it is RAM (how could 4 go out at the same time?) Is this a PSU or motherboard?

Why won't BIOS retain my saved setting? How come 1.5v doesn't work anymore? (After reading up, I do see why using 1.64 or 1.66 volts is ok for a 1.5v rated DIMM but still, I ran for 7 years at 1.5v)

Thanks!

I am having the same issue did you ever get it fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back