Intel i3-530
Graphics
HIS HD 6570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
icon
After a long incubation period, version 1.5 of DPCIManager has been released.
It contains a wide number of new features, including:

• EFI string generation for ethernet devices
  • Revision data for audio devices, providing better name lookups
  • P States logger (like MSRDumper but completely integrated, just authorize and watch the log)
  • PMPatcher and FD44Copier automation with Flashrom (courtesy of CodeRush)
  • Newest Flashrom release which now supports OS X compilation
  • Flashrom logger and reporter which helps the Flashrom project gather data
  • GPU ROM extraction (may require reboot for NVidia)
  • "Live" PCI list updating (doesn't require app restart)
  • Split kext suggestions (and updates) for Lion and ML
  • All tables support text copying
  • Included dspci binary for `lspci` functionality without root access (double click to launch in Terminal)
In addition to these GUI features, the source code contains more information and methods for EFI string generation, CMOS extraction, and MSR fetching.

Status Tab
Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 11.45.17 AM.png
The status tab contains vital information about your hackintosh, and can also extract some of it. EFI strings are only necessary for ethernet if you continue to have trouble getting your ethernet device recognized as "eth0" and marked "BuiltIn". Audio information is only available when a kext has been installed, but VoodooHDA can be used without much configuration if you need this data. If your audio codec is marked "Unknown", please send your IDs in so they can be added.
PCI List Tab
Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 12.02.33 PM.jpg
This tab lists your PCI devices and can point you to the kext loaded, or make a suggestion; this table does not change as you load kexts. Keep in mind that suggestions are based on "fuzzy" matching and may not be appropriate; additionally, not all devices require a kext.
Misc Tab
Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 12.02.35 PM.jpg
This tab contains the HDA node calculator, boot log, and BIOS ROM flashing tools. Besides convenience, the flashing/patching tools fix CPU power management on boards which lock the MSR OS X uses to control the CPU's power state. NullCPU and patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement are not adequate substitutes and only prevent Kernel Panics, they don't actually enable power management like unlocking the MSR does.
If in doubt, try "Read" first. If it succeeds, try flashing a "stock" ROM from the manufacturer before attempting to flash a patched ROM. If the task fails, you may see a "Critical" warning. This means your board is in an "unknown state" and you should send the report with your email address so the flashrom project maintainers can help.
Even if your motherboard isn't in a critical state, please send any diagnostic data you can to help the project out, but one report is enough. New boards are added every month and make flashrom more useful for everyone.

Great job SJ! This is my go-to app for checking pstates and identifying hardware ids. Thanks for all of your dev work on this project!

Great job SJ! This is my go-to app for checking pstates and identifying hardware ids. Thanks for all of your dev work on this project!

+1. This tool is great for people who can actually get OS X to boot initially and who didn't do their homework and gather a PCI list via 'lspci -nn' from Linux in the beginning.

Nice work!

The project keeps their list at http://flashrom.org/Supported_hardware. Besides that, check build descriptions here to see if the flash was successful. As always, try "Read" yourself for a safe test of the board.

Hello,

this tool is great, would it be possible to include a scrolling bottom bar or a bigger/sizable suggestions window?
because presently it is too small and I cannot read the full location of the suggested changes.

Thank you

Very cool. Love DPCIManager - it's become my go-to for all my hacks. Thanks!

Still works for Yosemite, even though this release was for Mountain Lion. Thanks SJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back