Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GT 710
Hi. I did some overclocking in the bios.
Stock CPU speed is 3.4ghz

I set the host cpu freq to 106.
That results in a cpu speed of 3.6 ghz
It even displays that under "my mac".
When i run Intel power gadget, i get a max IA of 3.4ghz.... strange. But when i do a cpu terminal readout(sysctl hw.cpufrequency) i get 3595000000, which seems consistent with 3.6 ghz, as the bios is saying.
But why not when using intel power gadget?

I stress the cpu(s) in therminal with the command /dev/null command (found on the big internet... cant remember the exact line right now).

Turbo speed stepping is not working at all. Works fine in windows (i have got at least 3.8ghz speed), but turbo speed stepping never kicks in in Sierra. How can i fix this?

How do i get overclocking working on this specific motherboard+cpu? And what is up with the difference between intel power gadget and the sysctl hw.cpu frequency readout of 3.59ghz?

I tried using the MSRDumper.kext but no change.

Last edited:
Yesterday I fixed the speedstep and overclock of my i5-3570K.
Have you tried generating a SSDT? I did it with some custom flags for overclock with Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh script.

Yesterday I fixed the speedstep and overclock of my i5-3570K.
Have you tried generating a SSDT? I did it with some custom flags for overclock with Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh script.
I cant say i really know what any of that means, but i'll look into it. Thanks a lot:)

Just tried. Got this error:
board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option

I then tried switching to the SMbios 12.2 in clover.. i can see that it actually ises the same cpu as me in that setup, but then i get a black screen when i boot up.... hmmm. Thanks for your hints though:)

I should clarify. Turbo speed step seems to work. i get cpu stepping from 1.6ghz to 3.4 ghz. but it never goes above 3.4 ghz. In windows it goes al the way to 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back