HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What you will need

A fully working Mac (or Hackintosh) To make the Unibeast thumb drive
Unibeast 3.0.1
Maverick 10.9.1 From the app store (on your real mac or Hackintosh)
Multibeast 6.0.1 Maverick edition
Chimera 2.2.1 (I know its in Multibeast but i prefer to use the package instead)
Chameleon Wizard
Kext Wizard
Depending on your video card it can be or may not be a pain the ass!! I used a ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5. I Found kexts I needed right there http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/116323-ati-hd5750-hd5770-kext-mavericks-10-9-a.html
View attachment Radeon HD 5750 maverik.zip

Bios settings

Make sure you have the same bios version (in the first picture on top), set all your settings to default then make the changes

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpgIMG_1474.jpg IMG_1475.jpg IMG_1476.jpg IMG_1477.jpg IMG_1478.jpg

I have a windows partition set up on 3 hard drives on a raid0 witch the only way to make it work is to set the Chipset-Sata mode on raid. And to boot From that very Raid0. Because the motherboard itself is handling the raid0. So if you dont have a Raid0 you must set chipset sata mode on AHCI
(After some tests I Have noticed that discreet sata does not change anything at all to my settings)
in fact there are no discrete sata ports on that board so you may want to disable it
- You can disable boot from optical (DVD DRIVE) too if you prefer and disable boot from network if you prefer too
- If you want to boot faster you can set all 3 fast boot options to enable BUT WAIT AFTER A SUCCESSFULL INSTALL (USB KEYBOARD WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE UNTILL YOU DISABLE FAST BOOT BY HOLDING POWER BUTTON 2 SECONDS UNTILL YOU HEAR 3 BEEPS) then you will see the normal Bios boot screen

UNIBEAST

Now Go to your real mac or Hackintosh and lets make that Boot Drive (uniBeast)
- In Unibeast choose Maverick 10.9 (ONLY)
Don't forget that you must have the Maverick install application from the app store in your real mac's or Working Hackintosh's applications folder
You may want to refer to the unibeast method in the guide section http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Proceed to the install (dont forget to format the hard disk drive to MacOsx journalized prior to install)

POST INSTALL
Open multi beast and then select these in the picture below and hit install (PS 2 keyboard and mouse is not useful because there are no ps2 inputs on that motherboard but I do always install it anyway)

MULTIBEAST .png

now open chimera and install

Chimera.png

Then open Chameleon Wizard and choose The boot option that suits you.( number of Hard Disk Drives and partitions, Dual boot Etc...)

Capture d’écran 2013-12-27 à 12.27.57.png

hit install

Go to org.Chameleon.plist check these then save it into your extra file in your Hard disk drive

chame2.png

Go over SMBios click it
hit edit and make your SMBios look like a (MacPro 4,1) and save it to the extra file too
Capture d’écran 2013-12-27 à 12.33.09.jpg

choose your theme in the theme section hit download and apply
Capture d’écran 2013-12-27 à 12.35.20.jpg

install kexts for Video card (IF NEEDED)

UnPlug thumbdrive and reboot (Make sure Your Hard disk drive is set to first priority in your bios settings!!!)

You should now boot without the need of that thumb drive anymore. If not there is something wrong with the method you selected here
Boot from usb Thumbdrive and select your hard disk drive and change it

Capture d’écran 2013-12-27 à 12.37.54.png

Now if you dont see the dock at the bottom of the screen and it looks like you are on a second monitor it may be because you have more than one input on your video card and the system put your screen as the second monitor so you may want to plug the external monitor to change the default monitor..

And Now your good to go!!!

The only things that are not working are

- HDMI SOUND
- Dolby Surround through optical
if someone knows how to make them work you are more than welcome

Attachments

• CHAME1.png
    CHAME1.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 459
  • chame3.png
    chame3.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 502
  • extrafil.png
    extrafil.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 479
  • module.png
    module.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 458
  • chameupdt.png
    chameupdt.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 413
Hi!! CAn you upload again the first two images??? thanks. Or could you tell me wich bios version you use??

hi davelaw56,
greetings. i was browsing here and noticed that you have the same setup as i do. i am starting a hackintosh project and wondering wether it is possible to install OS X el capitan on a dp55wg i7 860 and asus gtx 970 strix? thank you so much for your information

regards,

kneed

Yes it will work. For the video card you will have to make some tests because i have never used that one. I currently have the dp55kg extreme series but the dp55wg works just fine i gave it to my father and made a hack with it running yosemite. But this guide is old since i only use clover now with the unibeast guide and 10.10 install guide which is perfectly running fine. I strongly suggest you do the same. only sleep as some issues... On dp55wg. It doesnt sleep, but doesnt crash. Must be only a matter of time before i figure out why.

can you link me on a proper guide? since i dont know whether the methods to install in this old mobo ill will be similar to the other guides here. and on that im still struggling to copy osx on my usb since unibeast said cannot copy base system all the time.

regards,

knedh

thank you. im thinking of installing maverick because thats the only one i can get my hands on. sadly unibeast keeps failing to copy the files and im heading nowhere.

sorry i mean el capitan not maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back