Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> DP to DP is always black! [I ended up replacing my GC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus you need to fix your CFG Lock, KernelPM in clover is not a sane fix. Google "CFG LOCK grub mod", the first result, post #16:

his config won't work because he did not remove all these useless and problematic DSDT fixes on ACPI page.
If it helps pinpoint anything, I can confirm that the DP still doesn't work with his config, but the dvi performance remained unchanged.
I will now switch over to your latest config :)

his config won't work because he did not remove all these useless and problematic DSDT fixes on ACPI page.

If he can boot and use DVI why would CFG lock have any impact on DisplayPort?

If he can boot and use DVI why would CFG lock have any impact on DisplayPort?

CFG LOCK has nothing to do with DisplayPort. I brought it up because in my first config.plist, i unchecked KernelPM, and then you got the +++++++ error.

If it helps pinpoint anything, I can confirm that the DP still doesn't work with his config, but the dvi performance remained unchanged.
I will now switch over to your latest config :)

Try adding Orinoco framebuffer.
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 5.10.32 PM.png

Btw, RX 580 has HDMI 2.0, any 4k monitor should also have HDMI2.0, you should be able to get 4k@60hz using just HDMI. Also, for your motherboard, you need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC-Script from clover installer.

@pastrychef Thanks for clarifying re: CFGlock, I assumed it was for the DP.
My DPCImanager seems to indicate that Orinoco is already recognized by the system, do I still have to check it in clover?

@justinehe It looks like I have to reset my BIOS. Still black screen via DP :(

Could this be an ASUS issue? I read some forum posts saying it has to be Saphire Pulse for best performance. Others saying to buy whatever rx580 is cheapest (except xfx), and it will work. After like 25 hours troubleshooting, I'd be happy to buy a new card, if I could just have everything working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.04.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.04.21.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 145
this is what you should get if you use my latest config.plist. I have Sapphire RX 470, DP to 4K LG monitor, worked like a real mac.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 05.25.18.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 05.25.18.png
    459.9 KB · Views: 193
@pastrychef Thanks for clarifying re: CFGlock, I assumed it was for the DP.
My DPCImanager seems to indicate that Orinoco is already recognized by the system, do I still have to check it in clover?

@justinehe It looks like I have to reset my BIOS. Still black screen via DP :(

Could this be an ASUS issue? I read some forum posts saying it has to be Saphire Pulse for best performance. Others saying to buy whatever rx580 is cheapest (except xfx), and it will work. After like 25 hours troubleshooting, I'd be happy to buy a new card, if I could just have everything working.

Please see this post if you want to check if it's locked.

It looks like you are using the correct Framebuffer. The fact that your card is working with DVI means your card is working. I don't know if another card would make a difference. Do you have another cable or monitor to try? Maybe try on HDMI on your TV?

If you read whatevergreen developer's documents, Orinoco should not be set.

When should I use a named framebuffer?[/I] Named framebuffers (Baladi, Futomaki, Lotus, etc.), enabled by "Clover GPU injection" or any other methods should [I]never ever be used[/I]. This way of GPU injection is a common mistake, preventing automatic configuration of various important GPU parameters. This will inavoidably lead to borked GPU functioning in quite a number of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back