I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have an issue regarding a black screen on wake up. I know it has been reported several times but some posts are quite old and not applicable anymore. It is not the first time. I used to have a Nvidia GTX 660 before and from time to time, upon waking up the computer, I had a black screen. The computer was alive but simply no video. That was over DP and still is (I am running 4k). Only way to get out of it was rebooting. In 80% of the cases the screen displayed the video signal upon wake up. I thought that it was probably an issue with the card since nvidia cards were not supported in catalina and mojave (the pb started with Mojave).
Last week I installed a new card; a gigabyte 5600xt gaming OC hoping that it would solved the issue (and also because it was time to change :) ). After adding the usual agdpmod = pikera to fix the issue of navi cards, the issue of black screen on wake up remains. and with this new card, it is even worse; upon wake up, the screen is always black. It is not like before when it happened from time to time. It is constant now. I could shutdown all the time the system rather than sleeping but first it takes a little while to boot, which is not really an issue. Second which is the main reason why I avoid rebooting is that when macos is loaded, my apps reopen 0- which is ok - but the windows are all over the place, not in the last known location and I can't be bothered moving them again since there are a few of them. I looked online but can't find anything. I remember reading something about the issue being linked to the EDID and how to inject it in clover and I tried when I had the GTX660 but it screwed up the display (I mean the resolution was weird upon start up).
Any suggestion?
is there a log somewhere where I could find some info? Another post I read somewhere was about someone having a similar issue and in the log there was an entry about DP power mngt failure.
Thanks for your help

ps: I run switchxres for info. Not sure if it interferes with the sleep since I can find any relation between the 2 on the net

anybody any suggestion?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back