Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I own OSX 10.7 (LION) and used it for as past build. All of my Hacks are on 10.8 now. I want to repurpose my Mac Pro 1,1 for my kids and it won't accept ML. I cannot find anyway to download the coopy of Lion that I bought and I don't seem to have it on any of my old drives.

Is there a trick to getting the download back from Apple on my account?

Thanks,

kmh

I own OSX 10.7 (LION) and used it for as past build. All of my Hacks are on 10.8 now. I want to repurpose my Mac Pro 1,1 for my kids and it won't accept ML. I cannot find anyway to download the coopy of Lion that I bought and I don't seem to have it on any of my old drives.

Is there a trick to getting the download back from Apple on my account?

Thanks,

kmh

You should talk to Apple since you already paid for it. It's not in the Mac App Store any more.

You should talk to Apple since you already paid for it. It's not in the Mac App Store any more.

That is what I was afraid of. I have a Snow Leopard installer. Will reach out to Apple and fall back to SL if they won't make it available.

Thanks,

kmh

If it helps anyone else with the same issue, I just found this:

"If you are running OS X Snow Leopard you may purchase OS X Lion for $19.99 by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. You will receive an email containing a content code to download OS X Lion via the Mac App Store."

Original link:

http://www.apple.com/support/lion/installrecovery/

I will give it a whirl and see if they give me a download code for the copy already purchased.

If it helps anyone else with the same issue, I just found this:

"If you are running OS X Snow Leopard you may purchase OS X Lion for $19.99 by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. You will receive an email containing a content code to download OS X Lion via the Mac App Store."

Original link:

http://www.apple.com/support/lion/installrecovery/

I will give it a whirl and see if they give me a download code for the copy already purchased.

I posted a link somewhere on this site about a week/ten days ago with a link which was apple support where someone had commented that he had phoned Apple, paid to get Lion (his computer was not able to run ML) and he was given a code to use for downloading the OS from Apple. I had seen several similar quotes from several people.

Its certainly possible whether you have owned it in the past or not - Apple are still supplying Lion to those that need it.

Adrian B

So, I found my original Lion installer, so I did not end up calling Apple. Along the way, I found this as well:

OS X Recovery Disk Assistant v1.0

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433

So, I'll be creating a couple of Lion & ML USB keys for recovering my Macs (not Hacks). Perhaps the link can help someone else.

Thanks,

KMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back