Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having problems with my integrated graphics card (HD 3000) both on Yosemite 10.10.1 and on Mavericks 10.9.5.

No graphics kexts are being loaded, so I'm getting a 7 MB generic graphics card and it's affecting the performance. How can I get back from 10.9.5 to 10.9.0 or even 10.10.1 to 10.9.0 (it's important that it's 10.9.0 not 10.9.x)?

Thanks.

I'm having problems with my integrated graphics card (HD 3000) both on Yosemite 10.10.1 and on Mavericks 10.9.5.

No graphics kexts are being loaded, so I'm getting a 7 MB generic graphics card and it's affecting the performance. How can I get back from 10.9.5 to 10.9.0 or even 10.10.1 to 10.9.0 (it's important that it's 10.9.0 not 10.9.x)?

Thanks.

Which bootloader are you using?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Chimera. Copy of ioreg attached.

Which selections did you make in Multibeast? The correct device-id is injected, but the drivers aren't loading. Perhaps you forgot to use the "Intel graphics patch for mixed systems"?

Side note: I'd rather use a DSDT patch instead of patching the kexts.

Second side note: With Clover, you can use FakeID and not need DSDT patches nor kext patches.

Nope, I've selected that and still nothing.

How can I patch a DSDT that is compatible with 10.10.1? Should I switch to Clover if the DSDT thing doesn't work?

Thanks.

Nope, I've selected that and still nothing.

How can I patch a DSDT that is compatible with 10.10.1? Should I switch to Clover if the DSDT thing doesn't work?

Thanks.

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache?

Boot -f and repost ioreg.

It worked on 10.9.5, but not on Yosemite 10.10.1. Also, I can't boot from Chimera in Yosemite, I get a "can't find /mach_kernel" error. I can only boot from the USB stick.

It worked on 10.9.5, but not on Yosemite 10.10.1. Also, I can't boot from Chimera in Yosemite, I get a "can't find /mach_kernel" error. I can only boot from the USB stick.

You need to be booting from your HDD. Booting with Unibeast USB is not intended as a permanent solution.

Your mach_kernel error can have one or more of these causes:
- you do not have a recent bootloader (with Yosemite support) installed. Fix: install a recent bootloader.
- you have a bogus "Kernel" specification in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Fix: remove any "Kernel" specification in your plist.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist doesn't have any mention to mach_kernel (attached) and when I was running Multibeast on Yosemite I installed Chimera properly, but the error doesn't seem to go away.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 8.22.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 8.22.07 AM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 170
My org.chameleon.Boot.plist doesn't have any mention to mach_kernel (attached) and when I was running Multibeast on Yosemite I installed Chimera properly, but the error doesn't seem to go away.

Do you have multiple partitions? Perhaps you're not using the bootloader/boot.plist you think you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back