Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OC
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
With the delay in NVIDIA's Mojave web drivers, I've seen a few people stuck after upgrading without knowing about the incompatibility (myself included! :crazy:).

A number of articles around the web state that it's not possible to download the High Sierra Installer app after the release of Mojave, but this is not entirely correct. It's just much less obvious how to do so, as Apple doesn't have it visible on their App Store.

I managed to find an app store link from an Apple support page:
Get macOS High Sierra

As Mojave has moved the OS updates to System Preferences, the process is a little bit different. Pressing download in the App Store will allow the download to proceed in System Preferences; however, once the download is complete there will be an error message stating that you can't upgrade because you're using a more advanced OS. Despite this message, and the absence of the Install High Sierra application in Finder/Dashboard, the download is still on the computer.

To proceed, you need to format a USB as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), name it "MyVolume", then input this command into Terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

After (an unusually long amount of) waiting, you will have a bootable High Sierra installation drive with which you can proceed with a fresh reinstall.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-i
CPU
Intel i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OC
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
That's strange—I just did this 30 minutes ago.

I followed the link from Step 4 of this guide from Apple for upgrading to High Sierra:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208969

This is opposed to just downloading an individual update for High Sierra, which I'm not sure will work for creating a bootable installer. The link you posted is just the update (note that the download is 1.88GB).

Motherboard
GB GA-H270M-DS3H
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
That's strange—I just did this 30 minutes ago.

I followed the link from Step 4 of this guide from Apple for upgrading to High Sierra:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208969

This is opposed to just downloading an individual update for High Sierra, which I'm not sure will work for creating a bootable installer. The link you posted is just the update (note that the download is 1.88GB).
Yeah, I see that. Your link just keeps routing me to Apple Store where HS doesn't seem to live anymore.

Motherboard
Strix Z270I Gaming
CPU
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
iMac
Do I need to back up all my data or will it keep it all like when we upgrade?

Motherboard
Asrock Z97 extreme4
CPU
i7 3,5Ghz Kic2duo
Graphics
gtx 760, gtx titan x
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes that'd be lovely if someone could share their experience:
I never ever downgraded and wondered if the kexts that were added are also kept,
just like in an Upgrade?
that would, for example, disable itunes (which is a Mojave specific version I thought... might be wrong there)

thanks to the pioneers in this venture...

Motherboard
Gigabyte z270
CPU
Mac
Mac Pro
Thanks for this. I am able to make the USB but when attempting to install over Mojave I get the same message: can't install because target hard disk is on a newer version of MacOS...

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 06G-P4-6267-RX 6GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
With the delay in NVIDIA's Mojave web drivers, I've seen a few people stuck after upgrading without knowing about the incompatibility (myself included! :crazy:).

A number of articles around the web state that it's not possible to download the High Sierra Installer app after the release of Mojave, but this is not entirely correct. It's just much less obvious how to do so, as Apple doesn't have it visible on their App Store.

I managed to find an app store link from an Apple support page:
Get macOS High Sierra

As Mojave has moved the OS updates to System Preferences, the process is a little bit different. Pressing download in the App Store will allow the download to proceed in System Preferences; however, once the download is complete there will be an error message stating that you can't upgrade because you're using a more advanced OS. Despite this message, and the absence of the Install High Sierra application in Finder/Dashboard, the download is still on the computer.

To proceed, you need to format a USB as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), name it "MyVolume", then input this command into Terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

After (an unusually long amount of) waiting, you will have a bootable High Sierra installation drive with which you can proceed with a fresh reinstall.
Thank you very much the link worked for me.