Contribute
Register

Downgrade from Catalina to Mojave - Macbook Pro 16 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys I know this post is not for here but I need help. I was and I am still hackinoths user from 9 years but I got this brand new MacBook Pro 16 inch. My laptop came with Installed Catalina 10.15.3 and I will say this is the most worst mashine that I ever seen from Apple.
I have so many issues and also I am not able to use 32 bit App, even that I found out how to insall them , especially the components for LOGIC PRO X , because I am music producer. Anyway there so many problems on this Catalina - This Mac Os is not comptetibale with the hardwer that I have inside the laptop, Sound issues, Display Issues ( If true tone is ON many place on the display with white colors is going and changed to blue Cyanide color and if you switch OFF than is going to normal color) , Keyboard Issiues, freezing so many times after waake up the mashine. Aplle Autorizated Service Office in Germany did hardwer test and said that tehre is no hardware issue on my macbook but I still have so many problems after brand new reinstall. I have iMac late 2017 with Mojave amazing mashine I would never ever do any upgrades with this. But this 16 inch. I will say BIG Sh*T.

I did 3 times brand new instalation online beucase I am not able to do it with external bootable USB installer. I know I need to stoped the T2 chip securety I did it and even that this laptop can not see any external devices, you must restore your OS online which tooks me so long time downloading and installing more than hour and half. I erase the SSD , delete partition create new one and still have all those problems.

I am writing here this post becuase I need help if there is any chance to Downgrade from Catalina to Mojave please share some information I would be very happy and thankful abotu this.
Sorry again for this post but I dont know where is the rigth place to ask for HELP .

THNAK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!

Attachments

• TRUE TONE ****.jpg
    TRUE TONE ****.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 387
I don’t know why you spent so much money on that MacBook Pro 16-inch before knowing that it requires macOS Catalina which drops the support of 32-bit apps.

Hi guys I know this post is not for here but I need help. I was and I am still hackinoths user from 9 years but I got this brand new MacBook Pro 16 inch. My laptop came with Installed Catalina 10.15.3 and I will say this is the most worst mashine that I ever seen from Apple.
I have so many issues and also I am not able to use 32 bit App, even that I found out how to insall them , especially the components for LOGIC PRO X , because I am music producer. Anyway there so many problems on this Catalina - This Mac Os is not comptetibale with the hardwer that I have inside the laptop, Sound issues, Display Issues ( If true tone is ON many place on the display with white colors is going and changed to blue Cyanide color and if you switch OFF than is going to normal color) , Keyboard Issiues, freezing so many times after waake up the mashine. Aplle Autorizated Service Office in Germany did hardwer test and said that tehre is no hardware issue on my macbook but I still have so many problems after brand new reinstall. I have iMac late 2017 with Mojave amazing mashine I would never ever do any upgrades with this. But this 16 inch. I will say BIG Sh*T.

I did 3 times brand new instalation online beucase I am not able to do it with external bootable USB installer. I know I need to stoped the T2 chip securety I did it and even that this laptop can not see any external devices, you must restore your OS online which tooks me so long time downloading and installing more than hour and half. I erase the SSD , delete partition create new one and still have all those problems.

I am writing here this post becuase I need help if there is any chance to Downgrade from Catalina to Mojave please share some information I would be very happy and thankful abotu this.
Sorry again for this post but I dont know where is the rigth place to ask for HELP .

Hi there,

Yes you can downgrade to Mojave, but it is not always easy on a real Mac.

I tried many times with my iMac but in the end the only way to do this was re-install El Capitan! Then I could upgrade to where I wanted to be.

Using a UniBeast Mojave installer might work for you but it didn't in my case. When you get to the installation menu I only had the option to Re-install which goes online, not the usual local Installation. You might have better luck. Also try creating a USB installer by following Apple's official guidance with 'createinstallmedia', however, again for me this did not work. Use the Option key to select your drive at boot.

I have no experience of the T2 chip so maybe that doesn't help. If your model MacBook Pro was ever sold with Mojave at any point then there is a good chance you can re-install - eventualy.

I don’t know why you spent so much money on that MacBook Pro 16-inch before knowing that it requires macOS Catalina which drops the support of 32-bit apps.

The only 32 bit that I ned is components for LOGIC PRO X and I personally found out how to make work those 32 bit works fine on my MASHINE 16 inch. But the problem is different here ....
The attached picture plug in is 32 bit and I did it I am hackintosh user from a long time I know some stuffs how to do.
The problem is Different MAC OS CATALINA is Sh*T. is not optimized for this new hardware .... ;( unfortunetly. The mashine is realy nice but is not wokring properly.

Attachments

• 88052700_10222233112160677_383302964762116096_o.jpg
    88052700_10222233112160677_383302964762116096_o.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 163
Hi there,

Yes you can downgrade to Mojave, but it is not always easy on a real Mac.

I tried many times with my iMac but in the end the only way to do this was re-install El Capitan! Then I could upgrade to where I wanted to be.

Using a UniBeast Mojave installer might work for you but it didn't in my case. When you get to the installation menu I only had the option to Re-install which goes online, not the usual local Installation. You might have better luck. Also try creating a USB installer by following Apple's official guidance with 'createinstallmedia', however, again for me this did not work. Use the Option key to select your drive at boot.

I have no experience of the T2 chip so maybe that doesn't help. If your model MacBook Pro was ever sold with Mojave at any point then there is a good chance you can re-install - eventualy.

This 16 inch Macbook can not recognize Bootable USB with Installer from CATALINA I did it in the original way how Apple explained .... no luck . This macbook can not see any external devices. I am not sure If I get back up from my iMac wiht MOjave and restored it on this mashine is it gonan work :(

Have you tried running Mojave in a virtual machine within macOS Catalina?

The only 32 bit that I ned is components for LOGIC PRO X and I personally found out how to make work those 32 bit works fine on my MASHINE 16 inch. But the problem is different here ....
The attached picture plug in is 32 bit and I did it I am hackintosh user from a long time I know some stuffs how to do.
The problem is Different MAC OS CATALINA is Sh*T. is not optimized for this new hardware .... ;( unfortunetly. The mashine is realy nice but is not wokring properly.
MacBook Pro 16-inch requires macOS 10.15.1 or later, and Apple announced the discontinuation of 32-bit support since Catalina long before its release. You just bought the wrong model for your need.

MacBook Pro 16-inch requires macOS 10.15.1 or later, and Apple announced the discontinuation of 32-bit support since Catalina long before its release. You just bought the wrong model for your need.
My 32 bit plugins works fine ;) I just have so many issues with - Audio, Display, Keyboard, True Tone I just left my Macbook in the Service of Apple. My personal opionion is that all tohse problems are based on the MAC OS Catalina .... hopefully they will fix my problems.... :( That's why I was looking to find way to downgrade till when Catalina is fixed .

Wait... How did you get your 32 bit plugins to work in Catalina?

Wait... How did you get your 32 bit plugins to work in Catalina?
I just copied everything from my old maschine with Mojave and put it on the same place in my new MacBook Pro and it works fine not all of them but most that I need . Like Sonnox and Softube for examples they are audio plugins AU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back