Contribute
Register

Don't Use Rapid by Samsun Magician on Sam's SSD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530 + GTX 1060 + RTX 3060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Just sharing what happened yesterday, after re installing Win 7 on my Hackintosh!
I've update my NVME 960, win 7 system disk, using Samsung Magician utility, but then I did a huge mistake: checked the other SSD to see benchmark differences and after I noticed that on my Sam 850Evo ssd was available Rapid option I clicked to "ON"...

After a while it turned ON, but then either benchmark or just copying some files on the ssd was very slow!!
But for the worst there's not an end: Bios didn't recognize Clover EFI so I couldn't boot OSX anymore!!

After some try I disabled the option "Rapid" again and after waiting ages to finish, it finally switched OFF. I uninstalled Magician immediately and all of its libs.
This morning I tried to see and check the SSD on a real iMac and it recognized perfectly, even efi partition, so I just verified the disks with Disk Utility and they were ok.
Reinstalled on the Hackintosh finally the Bios recognized the OS X efi and booted regularly.

Don't know what it worked, if it was just switching off Rapid option or checking on a real Mac, but in any case: do not use Sam's Magician on OsX, clover or whatever non win partitions!

RIP SSD, thanks for the heads up. I never use the Samsung Magic thing but its good to know.

Curious/\/\ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back