Contribute
Register

Don't see "install MacOS High Sierra" partition when booting from USB…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the exact same problem. UniBeast work just fine. I get a bootable 16Gb USB drive. It boots to clover but does not show any bootable drives/partitions.

Gigabyte H270N-Wifi Mini ITX Build.

I am having the exact same problem. UniBeast work just fine. I get a bootable 16Gb USB drive. It boots to clover but does not show any bootable drives/partitions.

I'm running into this on two separate systems. The USB Drive boots, but on one system it lists nothing (that system has a newly formatted drive to install on) and the other system lists the existing El Capitan boot drive but not the 'Install High Sierra' item.

I'm quite happy to believe I'm missing something stupid, but I'm kinda getting stuck here.

I did it this way… do you think it could be the reason?

Got it!

Download officially from the AppStore. Don't use the alternative method. Find a mac that downloads the 5.19gb version of the install and use it to make the drive with unibeast! Not it shows ;)

So, how do we force the 'big' install to be downloaded? I had to use the MacOS Sierra Patcher to get the 'whole' thing.

Exactly. I did the same. So at least there seems to be some consistency. If I update my Mac to High Sierra perhaps I can download the full installer from MAS then? Which version of Mac OS are you starting from?

I've got the exact same Problem using the High Sierra Patching Method to download the full Install-File (instead of the only 19mb file from the Appstore directly). Is there any other way to get the full, working Install File from the Appstore?

I've got the exact same Problem using the High Sierra Patching Method to download the full Install-File (instead of the only 19mb file from the Appstore directly). Is there any other way to get the full, working Install File from the Appstore?
There's seems to be no logic to whether Apple downloads the small 19mb or the 5.19gb version. I read somewhere it might be a security issue. It's definitely not disk capacity related. I tried downloading from 10.10.2 no my build, 10.11.x from a MacBook Air. Eventually I got the full one from a 10.11.x from an iMac at work.

I suggest simply trying to find a real mac that happens to download the full one. I found no method to force the AppStore to download the full version on my own.

Last edited:
I ended up downloading Sierra and installing that... Sierra downloaded the 'full' downloader and I'm installing that on top of my Sierra-that-lived-only-long-enough-to-download-High Sierra. It's a bit of a hassle, but it worked the first time.

I only have one really Mac. However I now have the 5.2Gb download in progress. I updated to the latest version if high sierra then ran this (as an admin user) in the terminal:
sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog

Then the download worked

Ok, yesterday I succeeded finally to download the Apple High Sierra full installer with installing High sierra on a separate disk of my mac book pro which is in 10.8.5 (I need to keep this old system because of a DAC that doesn't work with newer ones).
So I've been able to install 10.13.2 on my new computer and I've several little problems that I'll try to fix.
Thank you very much for the questions, the answers, everything you wrote that helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back