Contribute
Register

Don't have a mother board or processor yet-- what's the best route for USB type C and Thunderbolt 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for it to be on the main board, but can use a card if necessary. Most of all, I want the easiest 100% compatibility without fiddiling.

Thoughts?

TIA!

You'll probably want a Gigabyte ATX motherboard with TB3 /USB C onboard. Look through the Z270 - Kaby lake early adopters guide. Just a note, the two words easy and hackintosh are rarely ever used in conjunction.

You'll probably want a Gigabyte ATX motherboard with TB3 /USB C onboard. Look through the Z270 - Kaby lake early adopters guide. Just a note, the two words easy and hackintosh are rarely ever used in conjunction.

Yeah, I'm not looking for OE Apple easy-- I just want to stick to OOB items wherever possible.

I'm not particularly in a hurry-- would I be better off waiting for High Sierra to see what hardware they add support for?

We already know that new Macs are shipping today with the 270 Intel chipset and Kaby Lake processors. What need to wait for High Sierra later in the Fall ?

Fair enough!

Okay, so before i buy parts, just to confirm-- there are no boards out there with Thunderbolt 3 on board, so I can have it without a PCI card?

The ones that say TH3 under video have it onboard.

Screen_Shot_1.jpg

Sounds like 10.12.6 is going to be when we get official Kaby Lake support-- that's when I'll make my move! Presumably also support for the 580, which is the graphics card I intend to run.

Feels silly to set it all up with spoofing when the next version will have native support of a lot of the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back