Powercolor 5670/HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, i5 2500K, Powercolor HD5670,
I know 5670 isn't recommended, the system has been running solid. The system is running with DSDT. QE/CI and sleeps work flawlessly on 10.6.8/10.7.4
I have recently updated the system to Mountain Lion from Lion(originally form Snow Leopard) and patched it with Mutilbeast 4. Everything seems to be working except for hibernation. It still sleeps and wakeup fine if i tell it to, but it just doesn't sleep by itself after a certain time.
I tried the brand new Mutilbeast 5, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I wonder if there is any easy solution for it or I have to do a clean install.

I have the same problem, it sleeps and I ask for it but doesn't sleep by itself after the 15 mins I have in Energy Saver settings.

Any ideas, I would like not to use any 3rd party app.

nitendone and supergab, did you update your system thru Lion, or you did a clean install?

Same issue - auto-sleep via Energy Saver timer is not working properly. 6870 with all appropriate modifications (MacPro 5,1 profile - but same issues on 3,1 previously). Display will sleep, computer stays awake. pmset -g assertions looks unremarkable.

Hey Guys,

Just curious were your 5770s working oob? Installed with GE=no and full acceleration?

I am planning to build a new comp but read that although 560 ti is in customac, they have their own fermi issues. 6870 have their 6xxx issues while installing. I was thinking since I don't game that much and that the mac pro did use the same card, this would be the most compatible cards to use in osx.

I have this card from my old comp and I can just pull that from to use if it is oob with everything working except sleep (including all ports?). Can anyone confirm?

mine is OOB, from installation to resume from sleep. i don't have those issues, it is working all the time !
use GE=Y and that's it, all the ports. easier install is impossible :D

I've actually done both just to see if it changed anything. Same either way for me.

I wonder if updating the BIOS to UEFI would solve the problem

in terminal, type
Code:
pmset -g assertions

what you are looking for is all to be 0. if there are any 1s, there should be reasons displayed at the bottom

Code:
Assertion status system-wide:
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 0

Kernel Assertions: None

copy and paste any results.
if going to mountain lion caused autosleep to stop working, there may be correlations between different users' results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back