Contribute
Register

Doesn't Matter If Your Black Or White (TUF-LOVE Finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Sabertooth
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2x GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Doesn't Matter If Your Black Or White Mod
G5 TUF-LOVE Finally

This is the Final upgrades to my TUF LOVE MOD so I thought I would take the time and share with you all. It has been a long 2 year journey of Delights and sometimes hair pulling frustrations. So the main question is why did I build this mod? It is the same answer a lot of people give on this site. The option to upgrade your Mac at anytime whenever you want!!! and its cheaper. I mostly use my computer for media purposes. I have a huge collection of blu-ray movies that I enjoy watching with my girlfriend. I stream all of them via Apple TV. I really don't want to bore you with my story so lets get to the finished mod.

Final Components

Sabertooth Z77

I purchased this motherboard at fry's in the bay area and to be honest I wanted to return it. But after some time I feel in love with it. The reason I wanted to return it was because when I took off the pin protector some of the pins were bent. I took it back to frys and they would not let me return it, bummer. I then called ASUS and took pictures and sent them to one of the customer service guys and he said bent pins were not covered under warranty. SOOO thats why I kept it. Had no option but to keep it. I used a extremely sharp tweezers and fixed the pins to the best of my ability. So far no problems.

i5 ivy bridge 3570k
Currently OC to 4.5 GHz stays about 28-30 Celsius idle 1.6GHz

GeekBench

Memory 16g Kingston Hyperx 1333 MHz OC to 1600 MHz

Boot Drive 128g Samsung 840 EVO

Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Video Card GPU
Modded with a new fan and controller. It’s an old guy but is extremely quite and handles my 24" cinema display and my 32" 1080p t.v.

About The Mac

ScreenShot2013-12-16at24551AM.png

External Hard Drives and External Enclosures

WD Green 2TB Gutted From Buffalo USB 3.0 External enclosure

2, 2TB Seagate barracudas Black Friday Sale!!!! and 1, 1.5TB Seagate barracuda Gutted from USB 2.0 Enclosure

Comkia MobiVault X3 External 3.5" HDD Enclosure USB 3.0

They all Perform at about this Speed

Hard Drives on OSX

Picture Time!!

Tuf-est Love BEFORE

DMIYBOW Now

Thanks For looking!!!! hope you enjoy.:)

Very nice hack and I enjoyed your photos. Thank you for sharing.

Good modding
neil

Nicest & cleanest looking G5 interior mod I've ever seen. Truly a labor of Tuf Love :!:

The white cable sleeving is the "frosting" on the cake.

Congrats on a job well done. trs96

Indeed a very beautiful machine! I'd love to see some more detailed photos of the interior. :)

Added more internal Photos for you.:) Thing is about nice cameras you can see all the dust!!! annoying

Thanks,
Rickyreall

How did you mount the fans in the front? I really like this one a lot.
I used squares of Velcro with a stong glue. The reason I used Velcro so I can remove them whenever I need to clean the fans because they collect dust. I also didn't want to see any hardware on the front of the case. The Velcro was cut in triangles do they don't show. It also keeps the fans off the front if the case to eliminate noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back