Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA Geforce Titan
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH Mainboard and a Gigabyte NVIDIA Geforce Titan attached to it. 10.8.4 is already installed, but I didn't used Multibeast so far, cause I'm really not sure which driver I should install.
Booting seems a bit difficult on it.

1. If I remove the Geforce and attach the DVI-cable to the mainboard I can access BIOS, but if I try to boot from my MountainLion SSD it stucks on the Apple-startup screen, with an endless spinning wheel.

2. If I add the Geforce to my setup I don't get a signal from the DVI-port on my mainboard anymore, only from the ports on my Geforce. The screen with the BIOS-keys stays a lot longer (around 4 minutes), but I can't access BIOS anymore. After the screen disappears 10.8.4 boots and everything works fine.

Sorry for my english and maybe for the stupid questions, I'm completly new to this, but I try to reduce the unnecessary questions to a minimum. I would try to google for it, but I don't know where to start.

cpu gfx hd4000 needs GE=YES and use dvi/hdmi port vga isnt supported and need 64mb shared memory in bois

When I rebuilt mine and restored from a time machine I had similar issue. I wanted to have both the iGPU and the dGPU enabled at the same time

This worked for me with a UD5H and I am not an expert on this either but here's the steps I used:

1. Boot into the bios and set your settings to enable the internal graphcis card and to init it first
2. Shutdown and remove your external card
3. Boot ML with the -f flag to flush your cache and let it rebuild
4. Make sure ML works as expected at this point
5. Shutdown and plug the external card in again
6. Boot the bios and change the default card to init to PEG
7. Reboot, I don't remember the exact step here but it either booted up fine on it's own, or I had to run it with the -f flag again.

I'm really sorry for my late reply, I was away for a few days.

@stehor
but my Geforce Titan seems to need GraphicsEnabler=No.

@psychephylax thank you this worked for me.

if u have to keep using -f to boot that that means theres a kext in the extensions folder thats not right or or u have disk permissions issues and u should do a fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back