Contribute
Register

Does Unibeast installer have to be created with similar hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z97x << need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i9-4970K
Graphics
GT 740
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It sounds like a stupid question but I'm starting to think the Yosemite installer I made with Unibeast on my previous build may be unusable with my new build. I created it with G41M-ES2L/E7500/9500GT running Mavericks and used LegacyUSB option for successful Yosemite install on old build, is this installer a no go on a GA-97X-UD3H/4790K or am I missing the right combination of boot flags or something. Have tried all suggested boot flags and BIOS settings I think. Just wondering if the USB installer itself is the problem. Thanks for any insight.

It sounds like a stupid question but I'm starting to think the Yosemite installer I made with Unibeast on my previous build may be unusable with my new build. I created it with G41M-ES2L/E7500/9500GT running Mavericks and used LegacyUSB option for successful Yosemite install on old build, is this installer a no go on a GA-97X-UD3H/4790K or am I missing the right combination of boot flags or something. Have tried all suggested boot flags and BIOS settings I think. Just wondering if the USB installer itself is the problem. Thanks for any insight.
Remake it without legacyUSB

Turns out there was a DSDT on the installation stick that was for the old G41-ES2L build, deleted it, added recommended boot flags and have a pretty good install aside from a couple of random freezes (twice in nine days?) going to be an interesting thing to figure out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back