MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
I have been using 10.10.x (from 10.10.2 to 10.10.5) on a hackingtosh with great success, no major issues and only very small bugs (like with USB 3.0 sometimes crashing).

With time, though, i started suspecting that OS X on a hackintosh doesn't use the hardware at its fullest; i don't exactly have a slow machine (i7 4790K 4.0 GHz, 32 GB 2133 mhz ram, GTX 980 4GB), specially for early 2015 when i started with OS X, but despite reaching the same results in benchmark applications (such as cinebench) both on windows 10 and OS X, i find the computer rather sluggish when using Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects, despite having configured the applications properly.

I keep watching videos of creatives working on 2015 or older macbook pros (with considerable less impressive hardware than my machine) and performing the same actions as i do but with much greater speed, whatever the program.

It feels absurd that with a rather expensive CPU (at least for the time i purchased it) i have to wait around 50% of the time more than a macbook pro user (or imac).
I don't think most designers have 2000$ CPUs on their laptops, and i don't understand how they can work so comfortably even with rather complex projects... my only theory is that a hackingtosh, somehow, doesn't take full advantage of the hardware.

What do you think?

Thank you so much.