Motherboard
LA-5893P Acer 5742 Packard Bell TM86 series
CPU
2,53 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
Acer GeForce GT 320M 1024 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi, i'ts been about 3/4 months that i use hackintosh high sierra and it works well but i usually play games that are only avaible in Microsoft Windows and other programs and i was wondering if my laptop can handle a dualboot w/ Macos High Sierra & Windows 10. Actualy i'm using Macos in my unique HD in a PackardBell TM86 series laptop and i'm afraid if i create a partition for Windows that can "destroy" my hackintosh or i can't boot any of the systems or even corrupt my HD.
I'm can't remember but my laptop is old and i guess the boot mode is legacy but i need to see that, i don't know if that can help.

Hi, i'ts been about 3/4 months that i use hackintosh high sierra and it works well but i usually play games that are only avaible in Microsoft Windows and other programs and i was wondering if my laptop can handle a dualboot w/ Macos High Sierra & Windows 10. Actualy i'm using Macos in my unique HD in a PackardBell TM86 series laptop and i'm afraid if i create a partition for Windows that can "destroy" my hackintosh or i can't boot any of the systems or even corrupt my HD.
I'm can't remember but my laptop is old and i guess the boot mode is legacy but i need to see that, i don't know if that can help.
Yes, you can install Win10 on same drive with HS. First, use disk Utility to create a new partition, formatted MS DOS FAT (You can name it Win10 if you wish). This creates a hybrid HFS+/MBR drive format. Install Win10 on this partition. You should not have any problems with it, but I would make a bootable clone on a USB drive as a backup first, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back