Contribute
Register

Does Multibeast Support the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M /4G GDDR5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Intel 4600 HD & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As of right now, the GTX 675M can't be used as the primary GPU in OS X. You will need to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and inject the proper DSDT patches to your DSDT to get your Intel HD 4000 working with QE\CI. Also, with the latest Mountain Lion update at the time of this post (10.8.2), you don't need to use the graphics enabler at all with Chimera for Fermi based cards since OS X now natively supports Fermi cards. If you open up System Information and look at Graphics, OS X will load the correct kexts for your GTX 675M, but it's just a matter of being able to switch GPUs once booted into OS X. This isn't possible (yet), but might be in the future since Retina Macbook Pros can do GPU switching. Don't hold your breath however on the GPU switching. It may be a while (if ever) that we see this possible in hackintoshes.

As of right now, the GTX 675M can't be used as the primary GPU in OS X. You will need to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and inject the proper DSDT patches to your DSDT to get your Intel HD 4000 working with QE\CI. Also, with the latest Mountain Lion update at the time of this post (10.8.2), you don't need to use the graphics enabler at all with Chimera for Fermi based cards since OS X now natively supports Fermi cards. If you open up System Information and look at Graphics, OS X will load the correct kexts for your GTX 675M, but it's just a matter of being able to switch GPUs once booted into OS X. This isn't possible (yet), but might be in the future since Retina Macbook Pros can do GPU switching. Don't hold your breath however on the GPU switching. It may be a while (if ever) that we see this possible in hackintoshes.
Thank you very much!!!

Is the laptop in your signature line your laptop and if so do you have it working via hackintosh and if so could you do a tutorial on how you go your computer to work. My computer is very similar to yours. Thank you.

I have a tutorial on my blog, which you found. What part are you having troubles with exactly?
I currently have graphics acceleration working 1920 X 1080 working I have sound working without the noise feedback. You can tweak the HDAvooda sound preferences in the the the system preferences settings under the apple logic on the tab. I also want to enable the usb ports on the left side of my computer. I don't care if usb 3.0 is not working I would be grateful if I could get usb 2.0 working on these ports. Also how to you get the external monitor working as well. This system rocks!!!! How do you back up you system so if you mess up you don't have to start back over from square one. I can watch youtube videos on this bad boy with not problems. I don't expect an answer for all of these question on the one that you know. Thank you for your concern. Your tutorial was very helpful by the way.

So Pcman Tinker what do you don't have working on your Hackintosh. So I can maybe as you how did you get your stuff working on your hackintosh? That way I know what can and cannot currently be fixed.

What sort of problems do you have with the left side USB ports freezing ?

Basically my USB ports on the left side of my computer are USB 3.0 port. When I plug anything into them my whole system locks up. If I could some how convert them to usb 2.0 ports I think this problem will go away.

From my blog:
USB 3.0 fix (temporary)

One thing that I have found is that if you remove AppleUSBXHCI.kext from the plugins in IOUSBFamily.kext, it will treat USB 3.0 ports as just USB 2.0 ports and crashing no longer happens. This is a temporary fix until full USB 3.0 support exists (possibly in a later update). Make a backup of your existing IOUSBFamily.kext and then do the edits and re-install using Kextbeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back