Contribute
Register

Does Mountain Lion support ATI Graphics? Hurry HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
Intel i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just purchased a ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card from newegg.com. This will be my first card, seeing as ever since i've had this hackintosh i've only had HD3000 onboard in it. I am currently on 10.8.1 and am really hoping this card is going to work. There are no options in the new multibeast 5.0 for ATI cards so i'm wondering if they just install and work or if they aren't supported? Please help!

I'm using a Sapphire 6850. I had to remove it and use HD3000 graphics for installing Mountain Lion, but I put it back in after the installation and it's working fine with dual monitors. Gets 50 fps in Cinebench. It's well documented on this site that there are problems installing ML with the card in the computer. You can get around it by removing certain kexts and then installing them again, but I figured just removing the card was easier for the likes of me.

I just purchased a ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card from newegg.com. This will be my first card, seeing as ever since i've had this hackintosh i've only had HD3000 onboard in it. I am currently on 10.8.1 and am really hoping this card is going to work. There are no options in the new multibeast 5.0 for ATI cards so i'm wondering if they just install and work or if they aren't supported? Please help!
Insert the Card and leave your HD3000 as it is. Connect your Monitor additional per DVI to your 6850, so you have 2 Cables connected to your Computer. One Cable from Monitor->per DVI->6850 and one Cable from Monitor->per HDMI->HD3000. With an MacMini smbios.plist installed, you're able to use Airplay Mirroring. Make sure you're booting with GE=yes and remove npci=0x3000 from your boot.plist

Oops sorry about my post. My information is correct for installing, but I failed to notice you already have 10.8.1 installed. karacho's advice is probably correct, though I am doing things differently. I am using DVI for one monitor and display port for the other (via an adaptor), both plugged into the 6850.

I'm using a Sapphire 6850. I had to remove it and use HD3000 graphics for installing Mountain Lion, but I put it back in after the installation and it's working fine with dual monitors. Gets 50 fps in Cinebench. It's well documented on this site that there are problems installing ML with the card in the computer. You can get around it by removing certain kexts and then installing them again, but I figured just removing the card was easier for the likes of me.

That is the same exact card I just bought and since i'm already running on 10.8.1 and it's fully installed then all I have to do is pop in the card and it should run fine?

Yes. Do you have more than one monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back