Contribute
Register

Does It Exist? NGFF/M2 Extension Cable for Airport Card Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Quick update on this...

You can also fit the card in the inside of the hdd bay.

I found a single position next to the SSD where you can mount it with a screw from the other side.

It's a bit sketchy. But if you want to live on the edge, try it.

Hi @Sniki , working on Windows. Haven't installed Linux on this machine.

Try installing the attached drivers.

Post picture of the hardware installation if you can.
Its weird, i have bcm94360cs2 on my Lenovo V330-15IKB as well but with a straight NGFF adapter, i have no problem with it.
As soon as drivers get installed from Windows Update, i have visible networks, same from Linux as well.
But i get a feeling now that it may be something related to the new adapter/riser and maybe i need to tap a pin or something.

Its weird, i have bcm94360cs2 on my Lenovo V330-15IKB as well but with a straight NGFF adapter, i have no problem with it.
As soon as drivers get installed from Windows Update, i have visible networks, same from Linux as well.
But i get a feeling now that it may be something related to the new adapter/riser and maybe i need to tap a pin or something.

Have you removed the whitelist on your x240?

Of course, i was using DW1560 then DW1820A after, now BCM94360CS2

Weird.

Is it found in device manager on Windows 10?

Can you post a pic of the card installed?

Hi @Sniki,

Did you get this solved?

Hi @Sniki,

Did you get this solved?
No i didn't i replaced the card with the DW1820A because now i have a 13" Retina Macbook Pro (Early 2015).
So i have access to the 3 platforms: macOS, Windows, Linux as i have 3 laptops.

It is working all fine, detected on Windows Device Manager, etc the only problem is that it doesn't find access points on Linux or Windows when you search to connect to a wifi network but on macOS that problem doesn't exist.

Possible issue with frequency band?

2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz

Hi All,

Question:

Does anyone know of a cable extension/adapter from a NGFF or M2 slot that takes the Apple Airport card away from the motherboard, so it can be fitted in a part of your laptop where there is more space?

Problem:

I've successfully fitted a NGFF adapter in my Thinkpad X270 to run native WIFI and Bluetooth:

View attachment 440498
and am running an Apple BCM943224PCIEBT2 Airport Card in the slot:

View attachment 440499

But the card is VERY close to the docking connector and is too high from the motherboard to close the bottom of the case cleanly.

So, I've cut down the Airport adapter and some of the plastic fittings in the bottom of the laptop case so it closes without bulging:

View attachment 440500

But even with this, the Airport Card just touches the plastic underside of the case and makes everything nice and hot.

I have seen NGFF to Mini PCI-E extensions/adapters available online:

View attachment 440502

but not a cable that just extends NGFF A+E connectors so I can fit an Airport card away from the motherboard.

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

hi @ii.nferno, i need a little advice with my build

i am planning in buy BCM943224PCIEBT2 card, but i am not sure it will work on catalina.

can you confirm this card work in catalina for both wifi and bluetooth?

and do I need kext for this card to work?
i really need your help , thank you

hi @ii.nferno, i need a little advice with my build

i am planning in buy BCM943224PCIEBT2 card, but i am not sure it will work on catalina.

can you confirm this card work in catalina for both wifi and bluetooth?

and do I need kext for this card to work?
i really need your help , thank you

I dual boot Mojave and Catalina and can confirm the card works for wifi and bluetooth on both OS.

It should run natively.

Use the kexts in my EFI here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/x270-catalina-time-for-optimization.288150/post-2086151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back