2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

Question:

Does anyone know of a cable extension/adapter from a NGFF or M2 slot that takes the Apple Airport card away from the motherboard, so it can be fitted in a part of your laptop where there is more space?

Problem:

I've successfully fitted a NGFF adapter in my Thinkpad X270 to run native WIFI and Bluetooth:

adapter.png

and am running an Apple BCM943224PCIEBT2 Airport Card in the slot:

airport card.jpg

But the card is VERY close to the docking connector and is too high from the motherboard to close the bottom of the case cleanly.

So, I've cut down the Airport adapter and some of the plastic fittings in the bottom of the laptop case so it closes without bulging:

case mod.jpg

But even with this, the Airport Card just touches the plastic underside of the case and makes everything nice and hot.

I have seen NGFF to Mini PCI-E extensions/adapters available online:

adapter 2.png

but not a cable that just extends NGFF A+E connectors so I can fit an Airport card away from the motherboard.

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

Last edited:
Update 21.12.19:

After scouring the internet for days, I have found the adapter of my dreams!

An NGFF A+E connector that takes Apple Airport card away from the motherboard and provides the adapter at the other end. :clap:

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 23.30.19.png

No more cutting down adapters or laptop cases to fit in a Wifi card in my X270. This will fit nicely.

I found a seller in China with this adapter specifically for Hackintosh at approx $12 USD.

Supposedly, it supports the following Apple Airport cards:
  • BCM94360CS2
  • BCM943224PCIEBT2
  • BCM943602CS
  • BCM94360CD
  • BCM94331CD
I have two on order and will report back.

Last edited:
It looks the same to me. Even uses the same picture that you posted? Just trying to understand.

Which part won't fit?

It looks the same to me. Even uses the same picture that you posted? Just trying to understand.

Which part won't fit?

What you have posted from Amazon is an adapter, but not an extension.

I have ordered an adapter with an extension so the airport adapter can be positioned in the spare space in the HDD bay, away from the M2 slot in the motherboard (where it does not fit).

Look at AliExpress.

Last edited:
Can you please look again? The post shows the adapters and 3 lengths of extension cable.

Ok. I probably just need to see ii.nferno's pictures after the installation is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back