LittleSnapper.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 412
  • CINEBENCH OSX.png
    CINEBENCH OSX.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 394
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

Syirrus said:
I have a ASUS P9X79 DELUXE.

This is good to know :) My Intel DX58SO got damaged recently due to a lightning strike and for love or money I cannot get a replacement board not even the DX58SO2 so it looks like I have to move to a new board with the X79 chipset and a new CPU. I keep coming back to the Asus P9X79 Deluxe board so it's good to know you got Lion working on it.

I'm not too concerned about WIFI or Bluetooth but as long as I have sound and LAN I will be a happy camper.

emailbox_2009 said:
I have the same problems and cannot fix "CPU Unknown" issue. I even made system update to version Lion 10.7.4 given to developers. I feel we all need to shift to 10.8 for our new system boards

Is the "CPU unknown" the only issue you are having? Does the machine still perform well?

mickguz said:
I'm trying to build an X79 / 3930K hackintosh. I have an Intel DX79SI motherboard and am having no luck with it. I can get Lion to barely run, mouse pointer is very slow and programs freeze with windows half open. I'm thinking of returning this motherboard and getting either an Asus X79P79 or a Gigabyte X79-UD5. Any recommendations or advice anyone can give me on either of these motherboards? I've had good luck with Gigabyte on other builds but I wonder if I'm asking for trouble with the X79.

Thanks
I'm having same troubles with Intel X79 SI board, I also have Intel i7 3930K processor and GeForce GTX 570 video card. I was wondering where or how I could get it to work? maybe write custom BSDT file. Please could some one help me installing OSX on my mackintosh.

Hello all,
posting from a brand new 3930k/P9X79/GTX570 trio.

Everythings works like a charm except :
- SPDIF
- Speedstep and turboboost
- 30 fps at cinebench versus two times more in windows
- Can't find a way to change my cpu multiplier into a fixed mode with turboboost deactivated... when I go > 33 (stock) turboboost appears greyed and enabled by default.
So no over clocking on OS X now because of the turboboost dependency...
My overwatercooling cries @3,2...

Any clue ?
Thanks guys for helping me doing the first step to hackintosh.

All X79 boards and CPU's are not supported by OSX yet. this is why the CPU is shown as unknown and why speedstep and turboboost do not work and its the same in 10.8. Set a fixed CPU multiplier.

In your bios press F5 for default settings. Reboot. Then change the Ai settings to XMP or Manuell then turn off spedstep and turboboost. then change the multiplier to a fixed number. Or just do it automatically with ai suite in windows. Works fine for me.

Restart and shutdown work fine but just a little slow at times. Sleep does not work.

If you want to save money shut the system off when your not working. Boot times on a good sata 3 ssd are under 20 seconds. But if you really need it to work then buy a mac pro with the same performance for more then twice the price.

Dont forget that its a hack!

kurtface said:
All X79 boards and CPU's are not supported by OSX yet. this is why the CPU is shown as unknown and why speedstep and turboboost do not work and its the same in 10.8. Set a fixed CPU multiplier.

In your bios press F5 for default settings. Reboot. Then change the Ai settings to XMP or Manuell then turn off spedstep and turboboost. then change the multiplier to a fixed number. Or just do it automatically with ai suite in windows. Works fine for me.

Restart and shutdown work fine but just a little slow at times. Sleep does not work.

If you want to save money shut the system off when your not working. Boot times on a good sata 3 ssd are under 20 seconds. But if you really need it to work then buy a mac pro with the same performance for more then twice the price.

Dont forget that its a hack!

Over deze Mac.png
System Info.png
1.png
9.png

my motherboard is working full

Attachments

• Over deze Mac.png
    Over deze Mac.png
    80 KB · Views: 483
  • 1.png
    1.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 436
  • System Info.png
    System Info.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 444
  • 9.png
    9.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 458

Looks like you got your system working properly. :clap: Now, you gave us a little appetizer. Would you mind to share your experience with us here too? How did you do it?

I can see, that some of you Apple kexts have a newer version even so you are running the same OS version as I do:
IOUSBHIDDriver.kext
AppleUSBComposite.kext
AppleUSBHub.kext
AppleUSBEHCI.kext

Then you use additional or different kexts a I do. They seam to be original Apple kexts or patched ones:
AppleSMBusController.kext
AppleSMBusPCI.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleHDAController.kext

Do you use your own DSTD? Did you get speedstepping and sleepmode working?

I see you got your ALC898 natively working too. I am still using VoodooHDA universal drivers.

Some of my kexts are different because of the fact that I am using a GTX570 and also added a 1394 card and a USB bluetooth dongle.

I also have a couple unknown devices. I need to figure this out too.

So what is the secret?

Attachments

• System Info Kexts.png
    System Info Kexts.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 421
  • System Info Devices.png
    System Info Devices.png
    443.1 KB · Views: 439

I am excited to see X79 work done in the hackintosh community. I just recently won a computer that uses an Intel DX79TO w/ a core i7-3820, and I would love to get OSX running on it.

Thanks to all who are getting this to work! :clap:

I am new to the hackintosh community and am keeping a close eye on this thread.

ak-78 said:
mickguz said:
I'm trying to build an X79 / 3930K hackintosh. I have an Intel DX79SI motherboard and am having no luck with it. I can get Lion to barely run, mouse pointer is very slow and programs freeze with windows half open. I'm thinking of returning this motherboard and getting either an Asus X79P79 or a Gigabyte X79-UD5. Any recommendations or advice anyone can give me on either of these motherboards? I've had good luck with Gigabyte on other builds but I wonder if I'm asking for trouble with the X79.

Thanks
I'm having same troubles with Intel X79 SI board, I also have Intel i7 3930K processor and GeForce GTX 570 video card. I was wondering where or how I could get it to work? maybe write custom BSDT file. Please could some one help me installing OSX on my mackintosh.

Hi,

I never got the Intel motherboard to work. I traded it in for an Asus P9X79-WS and then the build was easy. Everything except for power management works. I'm running at 4.4 ghz with no over voltage settings and it's stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back