Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys.

I´ve build my first hackintosh with Yosemite a month ago, after a week using it, the motherboard died. First, the bios was unable to recognize my sata devices and even the usb installer, then, black screen with "99" in the right corner. That was a MSI Z87-g45 Gaming motherboard. I tested this motherboard with another cpu power supply and ram, after several days of troubleshooting I know the mobo wont work and i dont know why.
I replaced the motherboard with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Almost a week ago and the bad things start here: I was installing kext, then restarted the system and the same happened again with this new motherboard. NO Booting devices detected in POST or Bios, just the USB installer was detected, When I clean the CMOS all the devices come back BUT the ssd with windows had a very bad performance and windows freezes after one or tow minutes of use, I restarted windows 8 several times and the same happen. I pulled off the Yosemite SSD, formatted the windows ssd and make a fresh installation of win 8 and everything is working well. This is a VERY weird problem and i wonder if maybe my hardware was damaged by Mac os or some kext. My Yosemite Installation was simple. Im not using any SSDT just the intel ethernet and Fakesmc Kexts, no nullpowermanagement.

Someone Has any idea about what happened here? I Hope Anyone can help me because i'm afraid to install OS X Again.
Thank you.

Hardware:
Damage Motherboard: MSI Z87 -G45 Gaming
New Motherboard: Ga-Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel 4770K
Ssd: Kingstone Hyperx 3K
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8G
Graphics Card: Gigabyte R9 270

no i can't see how OS X can harm hardware its just an operating system at the end of the day id recommend sending your motherboard back and get a replacement :)

no i can't see how OS X can harm hardware its just an operating system at the end of the day id recommend sending your motherboard back and get a replacement :)

Yes, I was thinking the same. But is very weird that for one moment the same happened again with the new mobo, i dont know, im very noob and dont know much about hardware, but...

I have a issue with same.
Lost a Dell 3542 after install a kext for Bluetooth. System reboot and don't forward from F2 or F12 selection at Dell logo boot. System freeze and don't go. I reset BIOS, pressed power over 10, 30 seconds, with or without Fn key...
Anyway... the notebook is dead.
I have same things that you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back