Contribute
Register

Does erase Mac on iCloud make drive unusable in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I accidentally erased my hack via iCloud when trying to fix iMessage. Now I can't seem to reinstall a fresh copy of OS X on the same drive despite having wiped it clean and reformatted multiple times (SSD).

Anyone experienced this? Is this drive forever unusable?

Fwiw I can install OS X but can't boot into it to do post installation. Just get two lines of "starting override" and then auto reboot.

Attachments

• IMG_0865.PNG
    IMG_0865.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
I accidentally erased my hack via iCloud when trying to fix iMessage. Now I can't seem to reinstall a fresh copy of OS X on the same drive despite having wiped it clean and reformatted multiple times (SSD).

Anyone experienced this? Is this drive forever unusable?

Fwiw I can install OS X but can't boot into it to do post installation. Just get two lines of "starting override" and then auto reboot.

Did you clear NVRAM?

Did you clear NVRAM?

Can I clear NVRAM by selecting "Start UEFI Shell 64" at the clover boot screen? I went in there but my traditional terminal commands don't seem to work. It tells me "xxxxx" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or script file. Do I have to do something to run the terminal here, or is there a specialized command to clear NVRAM in the UEFI shell?

Can I clear NVRAM by selecting "Start UEFI Shell 64" at the clover boot screen? I went in there but my traditional terminal commands don't seem to work. It tells me "xxxxx" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or script file. Do I have to do something to run the terminal here, or is there a specialized command to clear NVRAM in the UEFI shell?

You will need to read the documentation on the UEFI shell.
I don't have it memorized.

You will need to read the documentation on the UEFI shell.
I don't have it memorized.

[Solved]
Thanks so much for your suggestion to clear NVRAM. I honestly didn't know I would have to considering I *thought* NVRAM was exclusive only to real macs, but after doing some research I saw it was related to the BIOS.

I used the command 'bcfg boot dump' in the uefi shell to clear the NVRAM and was able to boot into my SSD and run multi beast.

Cheers!

[Solved]
Thanks so much for your suggestion to clear NVRAM. I honestly didn't know I would have to considering I *thought* NVRAM was exclusive only to real macs, but after doing some research I saw it was related to the BIOS.

I used the command 'bcfg boot dump' in the uefi shell to clear the NVRAM and was able to boot into my SSD and run multi beast.

Cheers!
Hi I write your command but then what I have to do to exit the shell?

Hi I write your command but then what I have to do to exit the shell?
type exit and press the return key. This will get you back to the main Clover screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back