Contribute
Register

Does Asus Radeon HD 6450 1Gb work on Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G41
CPU
Intel Core i5-4570
Graphics
Geforce GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Does anybody know or have tried to use the ASUS EAH6450 Silent Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit Low profile ready video card on Mountain Lion? I am mostly wondering because I only have a DVI-I cable which cancels out the Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 since it is DVI-D and it's cheaper. If the ASUS Radeon 6450 works on Mountain Lion, does is it work OOB (out of box) with Mountain Lion or does it require extra work? I am very new to this Hackintosh community and recently built one. I need to order my graphics card as soon as possible. I need a low profile graphics card so if you have any other suggestions for something better or possible cheaper please let me know. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

HI!!

I have been trying to get my EAH6450 1GB to work on a GA-M41-Combo motherboard with a Q8400 And i can't just get the thing to work!!!
I installed ML with the motherboard's native video card using UniBeast 1.6 and after running MultiBeast 5.2 i change to the AEH6450... don't even reboot ... keep having panic screens.

I have tried manual installing kext's for the ATI6000 series .. and nothing seams to work.

Can someone help? :banghead:

Does anybody know or have tried to use the ASUS EAH6450 Silent Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit Low profile ready video card on Mountain Lion? I am mostly wondering because I only have a DVI-I cable which cancels out the Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 since it is DVI-D and it's cheaper. If the ASUS Radeon 6450 works on Mountain Lion, does is it work OOB (out of box) with Mountain Lion or does it require extra work? I am very new to this Hackintosh community and recently built one. I need to order my graphics card as soon as possible. I need a low profile graphics card so if you have any other suggestions for something better or possible cheaper please let me know. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Mybe it'll help: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/31931-works-sapphire-6450-512mb-full-ci-qe-12.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back