HD 4400, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does AR5B197 (ar9287 wifi + bluetooth) work on 4530s?

From my searches and reading, there are a few users here and there that have gotten it to work well on 4340s, but I haven't seen an account of it working on the 4530s. This link (translated chart of working wifi cards) ) seems to say that it does work, with the device ID fix, of course.

It is my understanding that the DSDT fix makes the whitelist a non-issue, except for the nagging warning at boot-time. Is this correct or not?

Does AR5B197 (ar9287 wifi + bluetooth) work on 4530s?

From my searches and reading, there are a few users here and there that have gotten it to work well on 4340s, but I haven't seen an account of it working on the 4530s. This link (translated chart of working wifi cards) ) seems to say that it does work, with the device ID fix, of course.

It is my understanding that the DSDT fix makes the whitelist a non-issue, except for the nagging warning at boot-time. Is this correct or not?

AR5B197 will not pass the 4x30s BIOS whitelist. You can use it only by using the whitelist hack Fanreset.dylib module.

Thanks, Rehabman,

I mean to say "FanReset.dylib" instead of "DSDT fix"; thank you for pointing that out.

I have ordered one (hard to find, but they are out there occasionally). Once I receive it, I will attempt it and report back with results, any problems I see, and any fixes I had to perform.

I recently did this exact thing... as you stated above, it does work with the fanreset hack, and yes you do get the error message each time you boot, but you simply hit the enter key to bypass it.

I use it with an Apple Magic Mouse, and the only issue I've come across is that it seems to take the Bluetooth a little while to "warm up". It pairs with no issues, but the mouse is stuttery for a little while. It's still usable, but it acts like a mouse does if the batteries are dying. Eventually it works flawlessly. Unfortunately this same thing happens every time the computer sleeps and reconnects, or if you reboot. I am still deciding if I want to switch back to the wifi-only card and get a USB bluetooth adapter. I'm also not sure if it's the mouse or the BT card that causes the issue... I haven't tested any other mice.

I'm curious if you'll have the same issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back