Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Does anyone know where I can download a working version of the Sierra Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
The one I download by going through the back door into the App Store says it's damaged and cannot install. :(

The one I download by going through the back door into the App Store says it's damaged and cannot install. :(

Hi there.

Despite the sassy-looking avatar, please don't stray into the piracy arena. That way lies oblivion... Thanks.:thumbup:

Apple have download links to full, updated installers, but you need a Mac to access them.

The link for Sierra is here, Step 4:

says it's damaged and cannot install.
You'll get this message because there is no MAS Receipt in the Sierra DMG that you download from Apple. If you can figure out how to add that then it will work. Use Google.

You may also get the damaged notice when you are installing because of the system date and the certification from the date of the installer. Once the loader boots, and you are at the main tools menu (install OSX, etc), go to the top menu and launch the Terminal from the Tools menu. Try "Date 1010090916" without the quotes. This changes the date to when Sierra was launched (sep 2016) and see if it will install without errors.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I'll let you know what works!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I'll let you know what works!
Just did a site search looks like someone posted the solution back in April.

Thanks so much, guys! I did both things...the MASReceipt and the date change... and it's installing as I type this! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back