HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ciao my friends,

I'm building my new hackintosh with ASUS Z97A motherboard (I've made other 2 with ASUS Z97M-Plus with 100% success) for my music studio, and I'm going to use Focusrite Clarett 8pre. So I need a Thunderbolt connection.

After reading some info from Tony for ASUS ThunderboltEX II compatibility, I've decided to try to go with PCIe Type C
that is cheaper then the EX II card and also don't need Windows activation.

(PS: If I use Parallel desktop, can i activate it?)

This is the board:
dodocool USB 3.1 Gen II (10 Gbps) Type-C and Type-A 2-Port PCI Express PCI-E Card for Desktop PC
http://www.dodocool.com/usb-adapters-1772/p-dc22.html
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C59TB0I/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1GK3X89706

My focus now is that I've read in some feedback (from Italian customer) in Amazon that in Sierra this card
work OOB..

Lot of post are El Capitan related only, but, for me, Sierra is really solid, better then El Capitan and Yosemite. So,
I've just ordered it, and I'm going to try this card. If it works, I would buy type C to Thunderbolt for use audio board :)

If somebody has any experience in using Thunderbolt via this chipset, any suggestions or review is appreciated (with Sierra I mean).

UPDATE:

Card works OOB!!! Both port, USB 3 and 3.1
via AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext! ;)

ciao! :D

Is the Focusrite Clarett 8pre usable with the card?

Is the Focusrite Clarett 8pre usable with the card?

I've just ordered it, will get back as soon as i get it but i hope eheheheheh

Well,i've stopped Clarett order; I prefer to try before spend lot of money, so i've just ordered from amazon
ZOOM TAC 2R
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/pr...faces/zoom-tac-2r-thunderbolt-audio-converter

cause i can get back after try out, it has already inside the TB cable and also i'm curios to hear its
D/A A/D 120 dB dynamic range compared to mine actual saffire 14 that is 106 /108 dB dynamic range

will get it tomorrow, can't wait to test !

Update:
At first try out adapter to tb2 was seen but no audiocard was working. BUT :

In the meanwhile
I got my thunderbolt EX II dual and i've figured out to work. I've had to try several parameters in the pciex info in the bios. Now i have my TB card working only with power on , no via reboot (i think some relocating memory problem)
but i don't care about this;

anyway now pci express to type c doesn't work no more, it's only showed in sys info as 3.1 device but it doesn't work.
I will spend some time in bios config again and see if i can get pciex to type c working again..there is some hints i can use?

UPDATE:

Card works OOB!!! Both port, USB 3 and 3.1
via AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext! ;)

ciao! :D

Can anyone help? Kernal panic when inserting this dodo cool usb3.1 card.

My computer.
Basic config:
Mobo:
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU:
I5 4460
Graphics:
Geforce 760
Other Hardware:
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD

Running on latest Sierra using both AppleUSBXHCIPCI patch and USBInjectAll.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.ket

Why kernel panic? any idea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 10.41.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 10.41.34 PM.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 464
My kernel panic msg as follow:

unable to find driver for this platform: \"AHCI\"'\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu-3789.60.24/iokit/kernal/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1672

Can anyone help?

Update:
After I take away, Clover, Acpi, fixusb_1000, the panic goes away. And the card is working fine.

Hello @raymondau, could you please confirm that you got a thunderbolt audio interface working via this asm1142 chip oob??

Im building a machine that will need both usb-c ports one for Apollo twin (tb) and the other for UAD (fw)....

Thanks a lot!

-EDIT-

Not possible, because this chip is USB3.1 only, not Thunderbolt 3. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back