Contribute
Register

Documentation for Chimera's DropSSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you really asking?
All ProBook/EliteBook/etc use SSDTs.

Hackintosh bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera/etc) do not permanently affect BIOS.

Cool. That what I was wondering. If the boot loader permanently stripped code out of the BIOS permanently, effectively making is un-boottable in other configurations. I was also wondering if all the new boot loaders like Chameleon EFI/UEFI or Clover EFI or UEFI access the EFI to make the machine behave like a hackintosh or if they just spoof the OS directly in some other method? I see in some older Clover boot loaders have an option to mount the EFI partition, but I do not see that in recent Bootloaders in Clover, but I could be looking in the wrong place..? AGAIN, Rehab Man is the xOS X King for his knowledge..

Cool. That what I was wondering. If the boot loader permanently stripped code out of the BIOS permanently, effectively making is un-boottable in other configurations. I was also wondering if all the new boot loaders like Chameleon EFI/UEFI or Clover EFI or UEFI access the EFI to make the machine behave like a hackintosh or if they just spoof the OS directly in some other method? I see in some older Clover boot loaders have an option to mount the EFI partition, but I do not see that in recent Bootloaders in Clover, but I could be looking in the wrong place..? AGAIN, Rehab Man is the xOS X King for his knowledge..

The bootloader just makes a copy of the ACPI bits in RAM, then patches (changes) them before passing control to macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back