Contribute
Register

DoctorEvil 30564's Powermac G4 Graphite Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
since I was in the mood to take some more pictures here are some more shots of the finished front exterior with the new door knob for opening the optical bay and pictures of the laptop optical drive and the adapter bracket I used to install the sata laptop dvd burner drive in my mod.

hi, could you say what adapter bracket you used to install your slim dvd in the 5.25 bay ?

cheers

hi, could you say what adapter bracket you used to install your slim dvd in the 5.25 bay ?

cheers

If my memory serves me correctly, this one is the one I purchased.

hope that helps you

I just wanted to give an update on this mod. It is still going strong, however I swapped out the original hard drive and loaded Windows 7 Ultimate on it, and switched the GTS 250 video card over to a GT 610 as I needed a HDMI port so I could connect it to my TV in my living room. I currently have it hooked up to a Ceton Infinitv USB Quad Tuner and I'm using it as a HTPC running Windows Media Center. My original DVD burner laptop drive died on me, so I'm going to be swapping it out soon for a brand new one I obtained from work. I still plan on installing the Blue LED I purchased a while back so it has a HD light. I think I'm going to put it behind the translucent Apple on the front of the case.

Good to know that 2 years down the line this is still going!!

Post some up to date pic.s soon….

I may have to do a "action" shot showing it running my 42" LG LED TV in it's new home in my entertainment center. It's still a great conversation piece, as everyone always asks me about it when they see it.

The only other change I made to it was I left the original drive installed but disconnected and installed a Western Digital Green 1.5 TB sata hard drive that I'm currently using. I wanted to be able to switch it back over to being a customac later on when I no longer need a HTPC.

I have a bit of DVR overkill as I also now have a Tivo Roamio that also has a quad tuner in it. I use the Tivo to record all my normal shows and anything that I want to keep for long term viewing and editing to remove commercials is done using Windows Media Center on the HTPC. I have digital cable service thru comcast.

Hello images not available? I saved this thread to favorites into safari long time ago for my future project, actually I started my project and I can’t see images of your front panel , where you added usb3 + audio + dvd ,,Slim Version”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back