Contribute
Register

DoctorEvil 30564's Powermac G4 Graphite Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well reading comprehension was never one of my talents but did you say where you got the kit for the back panel?

Quote: "Next I used a Kit I purchased with a Laser cut Persplex I/O backplate.."
Unquote.

from a company called the laser hive, I had them custom make it for me, so you'd have to contact them and ask them to make up the same kit for you that they made for me.

http://www.thelaserhive.com/products/

I noticed on their site that they're also working on a custom G5 backplate that reuses the original Fan grills and the original PCI slots. I may order one of those for my G5 mod. I was very pleased with the quality and workmanship of the G4 kit I got from them

Great mod so far. Keep us posted!

Thank You.

I know I'm not the best when it comes to my modding skills. I do try though. I love looking at all of the awesome mods that everyone has posted here.

I have cleaned my G5 case up and have disassembled it enough to remove the Dead logic board. I'm currently trying to decide what direction I want to take for that project.

For now I'm sitting this project on the back burner. My future plans for adding the Hard drive LED will probably happen later on after my eyes have finished healing. I've been told it can take up to 6 months for my eyes to fully heal. I'm hoping that It doesn't take that long but I guess time will tell. Right now I only have about 3 to 4 hours a day where my vision is faily sharp with minimal ghosting. I can go longer if I don't spend any time in front of a computer screen, or Television as both tend to tire my eyes out.

I really wish I could have had LASIK surgery instead of the PRK surgery, I'd already be fully recovered by now. Damn my thin corneas!!

Well my system in the G4 case overheated today, it started beeping and scared the crap out of my girlfriend. She managed to turn it off as I had already left for work.

So I will most likely be working on getting the fan bracket and a suitable fan reinstalled in the case to help keep it cool on my next set of days off from work.

I installed a fan in the fan bracket and then used a 3 pin to molex adapter to power the fan and tried to keep things tidy by bundling the wires and putting them in the same place I have the unused power connections.

finished%20interior.jpg

since I was in the mood to take some more pictures here are some more shots of the finished front exterior with the new door knob for opening the optical bay and pictures of the laptop optical drive and the adapter bracket I used to install the sata laptop dvd burner drive in my mod.

finished%20exterior.jpg

finished%20exterior%202%20closeup%20of%20knob.jpg

finished%20exterior%2C%20open%20optical%20cover%20showing%20slot%20drive%20and%20bay%20adapter.jpg

some pictures of the reversed lock spring method I used for keeping my case closed.

finished%20interior%20closeup%20of%20reversed%20latch%20spring%20assembly.jpg

pictures of reversed spring lock assembly continued.

finished%20interior%20close%20up%20of%20screw%20holding%20reverse%20lockspring..jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back