I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Not sure if it is the right forum to post this issue but if not, please move the post to the right forum. I have a weird issue that has been driving me crazy for 3 days now. I went away for a week and my hackintosh stayed in sleep mode for that long. When I came back, I woke up the mac and it seemed ok, for a little while. There was a notification for a Vivaldi’s update which I installed then also notification for updates in the app stores for 2 apps. I opened the App Store, clicked on update all and the system froze. I mean I could move windows but as soon as I clicked on a button I had the spinning wheel. I restarted the system and same thing; as soon as all the windows reopened, the system was unresponsive. A right click on an icon on the dock froze the system. I have been trying for the past 3 days to fix the issue; went to safe mode, opened the task manager and this is where I saw that the « dock » process was using between 200 and 300% of the cpu. There was another process CVMcompiler that was also using 100%. At this point in time I was running Mojave 10.14.4. I could boot into my clone which did not have the issue (the clone is a month old). Since I could not find any solution I decided to upgrade to 10.14.6 which I managed to do painfully by killing constantly the dock process so that at least the installer could progress. When the installation was finished, everything was back to normal; no issue at all. Until I pressed the AppStore icon and clicked on « update all ». Then exactly the same scenario; I will be able to move windows but as soon as I click on a button in a window or a menu, spinning wheel and basically the application is dead. Initially I thought it was then Vivaldi update but thinking twice now, I remember that the issue started when I pressed update all.
I can’t now fix the issue by upgrading the OS since there is no update following 10.14.6.
Note that event in safe mode it is almost unusable. I can painfully open a terminal window or sometime the explorer after waiting 10 minutes following the click.
I am completely lost with ideas. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks