Contribute
Register

Do you use iPhoto?

Do you use iPhoto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use both iPhoto and Aperture, but primarily Aperture.

A lot of people here using Photoshop. Anyone use Pixelmator? It's the bees knees. ;)

I been using Photoshop since my 386 in 1997. Can't remember what version it was but I do remember loading it onto my system with 23 floppy discs. LOL.

Hard habit to break.

I have one problem with iPhoto and all other iApps. They all store their data in a DB file. The issue with this is if any part of that file gets corrupted you are screwed. But that is what Time machine is for, you say... Yes, but this layer of protection does not meat my standards of security. So no iPhoto for me.

rabbit.

rabbit74 said:
I been using Photoshop since my 386 in 1997. Can't remember what version it was but I do remember loading it onto my system with 23 floppy discs. LOL.

Hard habit to break.

I have one problem with iPhoto and all other iApps. They all store their data in a DB file. The issue with this is if any part of that file gets corrupted you are screwed. But that is what Time machine is for, you say... Yes, but this layer of protection does not meat my standards of security. So no iPhoto for me.

rabbit.

Images are stored within a folder inside the iPhoto package. ;)

Also, what does this mean?

"Yes, but this layer of protection does not meat my standards of security."

I assume you use some form of backup, and most likely images of your machine elsewhere, in which case you could restore that database file and or iPhoto package.

iPhoto = Before I didn't know Picasa
Picasa = :thumbup:

Aperture.
I use custom effects a lot for my photos. I also love the brushes.

Get Aperture from Amazon and save money.

If you take your photography just a little bit seriously you've gotta try Aperture...

I used to use photoshop when I used to edit a lot, but moved to iphoto to categorize them. I now used Adobe Lightroom for both and havent looked back.

Solidww said:
iPhoto is a good simple program. It doesn't bog down. Especially, the new iPhoto 11.

Like most Pros I prefer to go with Photoshop, Lightroom, Bibble Pro, etc........ For true editing of images.

Am I a "Pro" if I use Aperture? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back