HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've used it a few times to talk face to face with family- but other than that not very often. I'm sure it would change if I could use over cell network rather than Wifi.

In general though, FaceTime appears to work really well for me. Despite the quality being better on iChat (video chat computer to computer), the integration with the phone and stuff- as if you're making a real call is really nice.

Being able to "call" my folks- and they pick it up on their Macbook Pro. Mother's Day was a FaceTime event this year. :p

You know it's funny 'cause most of my friends have iPhone 4's and yet I can never FaceTime with them at all. It just makes it hard when you can only do it on a wifi connection. Kind of a bummer, and wish they would change that soon.

I like FaceTime and have used it quite abut but now use Skype instead as it works over 3G. Have used Skype over 3G loads ranging from helping a mate do house electric repairs "that red one needs to go in the end slot" to shopping for the correct gift for someone "is this the one?"

Yep Definitely use FaceTime, but Skype quickly follows if the other person is without an iOS device.

It's quite handy when you're talking to a friend (voice) in a really low network reception, but both of our Wifi signals are bang on, just switch it to FaceTime and the worries of being cut off because of poor carrier networks. :headbang:

all the time when i am away with work i was in amsterdam a few months ago and used it to read my son in england a story every night before bedtime

Want FT on 3G? Just jailbreak it :cool:

I use my facetime almost daily . My clients outside South Africa see me more often - good for business.

tonymacx86 said:
I've used it a few times to talk face to face with family- but other than that not very often. I'm sure it would change if I could use over cell network rather than Wifi.

In general though, FaceTime appears to work really well for me. Despite the quality being better on iChat (video chat computer to computer), the integration with the phone and stuff- as if you're making a real call is really nice.

Being able to "call" my folks- and they pick it up on their Macbook Pro. Mother's Day was a FaceTime event this year. :p

i use it, im on IOS 5.0.1 and installed facebreak (which allows what u wished for)
using the cydia application the jailbreak installs.

i also installed 3g unrestrictor as ive unlimited data on my tarif, and can bypass appsore limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back