Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've used it a few times to talk face to face with family- but other than that not very often. I'm sure it would change if I could use over cell network rather than Wifi.

In general though, FaceTime appears to work really well for me. Despite the quality being better on iChat (video chat computer to computer), the integration with the phone and stuff- as if you're making a real call is really nice.

Being able to "call" my folks- and they pick it up on their Macbook Pro. Mother's Day was a FaceTime event this year. :p

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You know it's funny 'cause most of my friends have iPhone 4's and yet I can never FaceTime with them at all. It just makes it hard when you can only do it on a wifi connection. Kind of a bummer, and wish they would change that soon.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I like FaceTime and have used it quite abut but now use Skype instead as it works over 3G. Have used Skype over 3G loads ranging from helping a mate do house electric repairs "that red one needs to go in the end slot" to shopping for the correct gift for someone "is this the one?"

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 2600k 4.5Ghz
Graphics
ASUS Strix GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yep Definitely use FaceTime, but Skype quickly follows if the other person is without an iOS device.

It's quite handy when you're talking to a friend (voice) in a really low network reception, but both of our Wifi signals are bang on, just switch it to FaceTime and the worries of being cut off because of poor carrier networks. :headbang:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-DS3H
CPU
Core i5 3570k 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengence
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
all the time when i am away with work i was in amsterdam a few months ago and used it to read my son in england a story every night before bedtime

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H rev1.1
CPU
i5 2500K SandyBridge
Graphics
2x XFX HD 6870 DualFan
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Want FT on 3G? Just jailbreak it :cool:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I use my facetime almost daily . My clients outside South Africa see me more often - good for business.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
tonymacx86 said:
I've used it a few times to talk face to face with family- but other than that not very often. I'm sure it would change if I could use over cell network rather than Wifi.

In general though, FaceTime appears to work really well for me. Despite the quality being better on iChat (video chat computer to computer), the integration with the phone and stuff- as if you're making a real call is really nice.

Being able to "call" my folks- and they pick it up on their Macbook Pro. Mother's Day was a FaceTime event this year. :p

i use it, im on IOS 5.0.1 and installed facebreak (which allows what u wished for)
using the cydia application the jailbreak installs.

i also installed 3g unrestrictor as ive unlimited data on my tarif, and can bypass appsore limits.