Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to have a MacBook Pro Mid 2009, but I sold it after I built my Hackintosh (Which actually paid for the entire build). However, I was looking at picking up a new MacBook Air for portability.

And I have been an iPhone user since the 3G.

I had a G5 Dual, i give apple a lot of money only because the name "apple" as i found out that the components are same as PC i showed apple the finger!
The OS itself i bought of course.

Hackintosh
iPhone 4
iPad 2

As you see apple got from me like 5000 Dollars. think about 1 person.

Yep, I actually started with legit macs before moving to hackintosh for higher performance, apple cannot complain me being a bad customer!. Macs I owned:

1) Early 2008 iMac 24 inch
2) Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 15 inch
3) Early 2013 Retina Macbook Pro 15 inch

some other apple products I owned over the past 10 years

- several ipod nanos
- a touch and some iphones
- an ipad.

and ofcourse my home built hackintosh, was gonna buy a mac pro but back then the mac pro hasn't been updated for quite a while and cost quite a lot, so decide I am gonna go rogue.

I wasn't too happy with a defect and repair issue with my new retina macbook pro with apple, so I might start switching away from them.

I have a mid 2010 Mac Mini with a Core 2 Duo. Extremely solid little machine. My wife uses a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with a dual core i7. My Hackintosh experience has been extremely helpful in understanding how to maintain these systems and how OS X works. Having two machines that can access the app store was really helpful when I was first building my hackintosh. Count me as one of the unfortunate few who never got Snow Leopard installed on a Sandy Bridge system! Lion came along just in time and saved my bacon.

Yep - I've owned a few Macs over the years.

First was a PM7500 (wonderful machine for its day)
Followed by one of the blue & white PowerMacs
Then a Mac Pro (PowerPC)

Replaced that with my Hack, but I still own a 2009 MacBook Pro, which is still a great machine, and still going strong.
Recently debated replacing it with a Retina MBP, but it's simply too good a machine to replace just yet.

Oh - and I have an iPhone 4, which is in the same position as the MBP - I'd half-like to replace it with new toys, but it's still a great phone, and I have no real need to get anything better.

A secondhand 2011 15" i7 quad 2,5 ghz Macbook Pro ...

Yep, own a few macs as well. First was a 1.25GHz eMac which i recently replaced with the Hack in my sig. as my main machine.
Then i got a 1.33GHz iBook when i went abroad for a year, gave that to my mom and bought an early 2008 MacBook.
I also have a Clamshell G3 iBook 366Hz and a Blue Dalmatian iMac, in both i replaced HDDs and maxed out RAM, both run Tiger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back